Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

Does you husband like Christmas as much as you do?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM
  • 54 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mine thinks I'm a little nuts! Even the commercials make me excited. Lol! But we were raised very differently. My parents did lots of little holiday things, but  we but we always did everything together. His parents on the other hand, owned a resteraunt and thier house was above it. Christmas Day for them consisted of a silver aluminum tree on the fireplace mantel. And they opened thier presents around a bar downstairs while they prepared everything they needed to for the day. So the stuff I do is very different for him. Some he does and loves and others he just throws his hands in the air and says "if it makes you happy"! But sometimes I feel like I'm the one who makes Christmas "go". So whats it like at your house?Do you do any of your husbands traditions?

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brownhoney21
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I'm not married any more but when I was he was not into it at all.

Albond86
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Nope he HATES Christmas, don't blame him though... He was born Christmas Day and no one celebrates it but me!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cafay
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Quoting Albond86: My bil's birthday is on Christmas Day as well. But he doesn't seem to mind it gets overlooked. He's nuts about Christmas! On the other hand my sons is Dec 19 and mine is on Dec 20 but mine gets overlooked as well so it may not have made a difference if he was born a week earlier

Nope he HATES Christmas, don't blame him though... He was born Christmas Day and no one celebrates it but me!

Albond86
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Mine is December 23rd, my birthday has never been important like everyone makes theirs out to be. I never understood birthdays because how mine was treated. I adore all things Christmas. I'm a regular old nut job about it! Dh thinks I've lost my mind I plan for each Christmas after the one ends! That's the reason he told me though, because no one celebrated his birthday and always played second fettle to Jesus. Lol

Quoting cafay:

Quoting Albond86: My bil's birthday is on Christmas Day as well. But he doesn't seem to mind it gets overlooked. He's nuts about Christmas! On the other hand my sons is Dec 19 and mine is on Dec 20 but mine gets overlooked as well so it may not have made a difference if he was born a week earlier

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cafay
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Quoting Albond86:Mine was celebrated when I was young and my older sisters is the 16th. But it was when I got older noone celebrated it any more.I dont want much, but a little to-do would be nice!

Mine is December 23rd, my birthday has never been important like everyone makes theirs out to be. I never understood birthdays because how mine was treated. I adore all things Christmas. I'm a regular old nut job about it! Dh thinks I've lost my mind I plan for each Christmas after the one ends! That's the reason he told me though, because no one celebrated his birthday and always played second fettle to Jesus. Lol

Quoting cafay:

Turtledoves
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 3:26 PM
No, but hes accepting of my crazy obsession with it and tries to make it special.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angieluvsolivia
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 3:28 PM

He gets more excited the older our kids get.  This year they will be 6 and 3 so, it's way more fun!!

cafay
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting angieluvsolivia:They are so uch fun at that age. My son will be 6 by then and I expect his excitement to be through the roof!

He gets more excited the older our kids get.  This year they will be 6 and 3 so, it's way more fun!!

cafay
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Quoting Turtledoves: Aww. Thats sweet!

No, but hes accepting of my crazy obsession with it and tries to make it special.

SassyWildflower
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

yes, he loves it! HE was the one that wanted to put up the tree yesterday, so we did. LOL

He wants to go all out and decorate the house outside with lights and stuff. He cracks me up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)