Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:25 PM
  • 19 Replies

Do you think its wrong to "skip" Thanksgiving dinner? Make something else instead? I will get out of the hospital Friday and had planned to shop Saturday. Then my mom showed up today, my cousin just past away. With having to prepare for the visitation and funeral I just don't feel like cooking a huge meal next week. Is this wrong? I was thinking of getting pizza ingrediants and letting my son make his own pizza. 

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

i don't think it's wrong. It's not about the food you make but the people you spend it with.

cafay
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

First, my condolences to you and your family. And I hope your hospital stay goes well. I would talk to your family. Maybe if it matters to them, you could do a tned down version of it. But if they dont care, do what you feel.It doesnt matter whats on the table.

MommaTAF
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:25 PM

I agree with the ladies above. My condolences. Prayers for you and your family.

Turtledoves
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Not at all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Nobody says you have to have the 'traditional' Thanksgiving dinner.  Have pizza as your Thanksgiving dinner.  Who cares? LOL.

momofsunshine77
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:28 PM

not at all.  You have a lot going on.  Spending the time is most important. 

sandbuster
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Thanks guys

elwalters77
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Do what you need to do. Maybe you could postpone the big traditional dinner.

MichelleK41
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:30 AM

I don't feel its wrong at all. Last year we made homemade pizzas for Thanksgiving. Its about giving thanks, not what we eat. =)

Albond86
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:13 AM
I like this! We are having a small dinner here, I'm making chicken fried steak for hubby! Lol

Quoting MichelleK41:

I don't feel its wrong at all. Last year we made homemade pizzas for Thanksgiving. Its about giving thanks, not what we eat. =)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)