Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sharing the news on Thanksgiving

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:36 PM
  • 17 Replies
I just found out that after trying for 11 months, that I'm pregnant! We're planning to share the news for Dh's family at Thanksgiving. I'm going to bring a cake with the news and hand it to my MIL. I'm just not sure what it should say.

Something along the lines of "we have lots to be thankful for...#2 due 7/21/13
Or something rhyming and cute! Any ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
squeekers
anyone in BC Canada? Hope you're ok after that 6.6 quake: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/usb000px6r#summary
46 minutes ago
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

when the turkey is finished but before it is set on the table tuck a note between the tied legs saying a baby's coming in 9 months. that way if your father cuts the turkey he will see the note

elwalters77
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:05 AM
That's a cute idea

Quoting squeekers:

when the turkey is finished but before it is set on the table tuck a note between the tied legs saying a baby's coming in 9 months. that way if your father cuts the turkey he will see the note

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brownhoney21
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:05 AM

congratulations 

MichelleK41
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Congrats! I love how you are wording the cake. =)

faeriemom1972
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Threes.Company
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Congratulations!! :)  How fun to share with your family on Thanksgiving!  What a great thing to be thankful for!

Turtledoves
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:04 AM
That's a cute idea! Unfortunately its a large gathering of about 40 family members in a buffet hall in buffet style so I can't do that. I'm hoping to do the cake for just my MiL, last time she startig crying and screaming at once and was so excited, it would be fun to do that again in this setting and get the whole family told at once.

Quoting squeekers:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leelee1008
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:28 AM

how about get the cake and dont put anything on the cake but a turkey. give it to your mil have your mil read a card that says we have so much to be thankful for, good food, good family, good friends, and good Genes..... set another place at the table next year... baby #2 is due in July!

Turtledoves
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Love that!

Quoting Leelee1008:

how about get the cake and dont put anything on the cake but a turkey. give it to your mil have your mil read a card that says we have so much to be thankful for, good food, good family, good friends, and good Genes..... set another place at the table next year... baby #2 is due in July!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:14 PM
That is so awesome!

Quoting squeekers:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)