All you need is a hill (more or less) and a sled. And everyone has a sled. Ok, not everyone. I don't have a sled. But if you have a sled, cool beans. If not, you can buy one for less than $20 if you look in the right places. Places like Wal-Mart and those generic dollar stores, again. Or... wait for it... waaaaaaaiiiiit... you can IMPROVISE! And here are some suggestions:
- Lids to large, plastic storage containers/trash cans, etc.
- Vinyl outdoor cushions
- Large slabs of cardboard (bend the front up a little so that it doesn't get stuck)
- Office chair mats (the smooth ones, obviously)
- Those short and long plastic storage containers (again, make sure the bottom of it is smooth)
- Cafeteria trays (just remember... you didn't hear it from me)
And keep in mind that you don't want the path of your merry, little sled to lead to a road or a "frozen" body of water. Trust me.