Edible Christmas Ornaments from the Betty Crocker site!
- cups Original Bisquick® mix
- cup powdered sugar
- cup butter, softened
- teaspoon vanilla
- Betty Crocker® Cookie Icing in colors of choice
- Ribbon, cut into 6-inch or longer pieces
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with cooking parchment paper.
- 2In large bowl, stir together 2 cups of the Bisquick mix, the powdered sugar, butter, egg and vanilla until soft dough forms. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup Bisquick mix on work surface. Place dough on surface; knead Bisquick mix into dough.
- 3Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with 2-inch star- and stocking-shaped cookie cutters (or desired size and shape Christmas cookie cutters). On cookie sheet, place cutouts about 2 inches apart. With straw, cut out small hole in top of each cookie.
- 4Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on cookie sheet.
- 5Decorate cookies with icing, if desired. String ribbon through holes in cookies and tie for hanging.
Make as many cookie ornaments as you like by doubling or tripling the recipe.
Decorate the frosted cookies with candy sprinkles, if desired.
- PREP TIME 30 Min
- TOTAL TIME 1 Hr 30 Min
- SERVINGS 18