Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fall Fun Fall Fun

Gifts for teachers?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:32 AM
  • 11 Replies

What do you usually get for the teachers?

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
batjmom
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:49 AM

My kids are older now (10 and 11) and do not do teacher gifts anymore.  We use to do gift cards to Panera Bread or Starbucks

Momrr
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:35 PM

We do baked goods or a gift basket with chapstick, lotion, candy, cookies.....little things.

jryberg
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:38 PM

we made a coffee mug and had hot chocolate in it last year, need to figure out something for this year. 

erikays
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:39 PM
GC :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
keeckhardt
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I usually get a $15 Walmart gift card for her. Even though I don't care for her, my son is succeeding in her class. I can't complain about my 5 year old reading. 

bwsmommy
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Before we had 3 in school and the oldest changed classes we got gift cards to places like pals and Mcd's ..

JonesMama
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Well, we WERE going to give ds' 2nd grade teacher a Panera giftcard, but today in the weekly class newsletter, she requested no gifts for herself. If we feel like doing something for her, we should donate to a local organization she supports, that gives things like towels, underwear, socks, clothing, etc. to people in need. The 1st grade in our school collects for this org. ever year, and asks the whole school to help, so just today ds brought in 2 packs of underwear and 1 pack of socks and gave it to his old 1st grade teacher. I'm thinking of a monetary donation to the place, so they can get something that is needed most at this time. But I still kind of want to give ds' teacher something!

jen113000
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Usually a giftcard
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:28 PM

We are going to do this on mason jars & fill it with "puppy chow". 

http://pinterest.com/pin/60869032433376674/

And then give a card with a $5 gift card to Starbucks or something inside.

Hannahsmommy816
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:04 PM

idk nothing yet so far. i didnt contribute last year when dd1 was in a diff preschool class, i'll see this year

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN