Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you send clothes for overnight visits?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:39 AM
  • 2 Replies

stbx left in January, I figured by now he could have clothing for the children at his house yet he expects me to send clothes every time.  Maybe I wouldn't  be so against it if I got them back cleaned, I send their clothes washed and ironed I got back a bag of dirty clothes.  I'm not his slave girl anymore and if he can't even throw a load of clothes in the wash then he can just get his own clothing.   Am I picking the wrong fight?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
KyliesMom5
by Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Nope, I told my stbxh that he had to buy clothes for our daughter because I did not want anything left there.  He does not like having to spend his money like that and has complained about not having any money after having to do it.  But I told him to cry me a river because it is a part of  being a parent. He never did anything for our daughter when we were together and now that he has no choice he complains. 

easinpc
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:06 PM

I don't think that it is asking to much for him to have clothing for his child there when he has custody of them.  My sons father and I both have clothing/bathroom items for our son at both of our households.  If there is something in particular that we want to keep at our own houses and not go to the other parents house we just make sure that our son wears it on days that he doesn't go to the other parents house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)