Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No Divorce Yet, Just Questions

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 5:07 PM
  • 4 Replies

My husband has recently reconnected with his two older children (14&13) and they came to stay with us for 2 weeks. This was the first time I have ever met them and my husband works such long hours that it was just me and them and our other 3 children for basically the whole time. They are great, awesome kids, and on the 2nd to the last day the 13 yr old got disrespectful with me, so I told my husband and he took care of it. Well their lifestyle is completely different that ours, they have always been abused, and live in the ghetto. I took them to buy new clothes, toiletries, waterpark, swimming pools, concert, etc. I treated them with love and respect.

He took them home 4 days ago and then 2 days ago he told me he wants a divorce bc I didn't respect his children and treat them with love. This is totally unfounded and makes me wonder what was said ont he way home by them. The 14 yr old still calls me everyday, he calls me "mommy" and texts me all the time. He wants to come back and live with us, but the 13 yr old is very cold shouldered and told us both that she don't want to live here.

My question is : how is he going to divorce me after everything we have been trhough in our years together over something like this when I didn't even do anything wrong? How do I make him stay? HOw do I make him see that I love his children like I love our children?

by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
M4LG5
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Wow!  That is extremely out of the blue. 

I think you guys need to sit down with each other and talk it out.  What happened?  What does he think happened? What did the kids say happened? 

I don't think you should aim to "make him stay" but communicate with him to try to find reasoning behind his request for a divorce. 

CMartinez306
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 5:13 PM

He won't talk to me about anything right now. I try to talk and he says to leave him alone.

My father is getting married this weekend and we are both in the wedding, and now my husband won't even go to the wedding. I'm just to upset and don't know what to do.

I haven't been able to eat or sleep in 2 days and I don't know what is behind his thinking.

M4LG5
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Quoting CMartinez306:

He won't talk to me about anything right now. I try to talk and he says to leave him alone.

My father is getting married this weekend and we are both in the wedding, and now my husband won't even go to the wedding. I'm just to upset and don't know what to do.

I haven't been able to eat or sleep in 2 days and I don't know what is behind his thinking.

Since the oldest child still communicates with you, maybe you can ask him "how was your stay while you were here?" or something like that.

I wonder if the 13 year old is bitter for some reason and said something that was not true.

CMartinez306
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 6:59 PM
I asked the oldest and he wants to come back and live with us, so I know if I did anything wrong, he wouldn't want to live here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)