• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do I feel like this???

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:21 AM
  • 2 Replies

My ex and I have been split up for almost 2 years off and on. Ive been dating someone for 8 months now and Ive never been happier. I know that I shouldnt care but any time I think that my ex has a gf it makes me sick and I get upset. Ive always felt like I wasnt enough for him and thats why he didnt care to make our marriage work. I think it bothers me because I feel like if someone else can make him happy then it  really was me who wasnt enough. If he finds someone else that he does all the things I begged him to do than he just never really loved me and that breaks my heart. Also whenever he is talking to someone he is a complete jerk to me about everything. Any advice to let go of the jealousy???

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Peregrine
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:57 AM

What I've learned is this. I can not control other people. You need to be happy for you and no body else. Did he really love you? More than likely yes, very much. But love isn't enough.

My suggestion, enjoy life each and every day. Stop worrying about what others are doing and just give your love to those who are worthy.

Forgiveness is the only thing that will help you get over being jealous.  Be happy that he's found what he was missing. But remember, you had the best he could offer to you and look back at your life and don't regret it.

RLSMOM59
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:40 PM

I totally agree with Peregrine. Looking back for the shoulda, coulda, wouldda, is not allowing you to be you. You are too worried about what others are doing and wasting valuable energy. It is time you let go.

You mentioned that you have been dating for 8 months. How does the person you are dating feel? Does he/she feel rejection because you are holding on to your ex? Does he/she feel slighted because you compare relationships, he idn't do that with me. We are always the first to find fault with the "other" person but you have to look at yourself to see what is going on with you. You may want to seek counseling to help you transistion for the sake of any new relationship you may have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)