Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you feel when you got your papers

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:06 AM
  • 19 Replies

What feelings did you experience when you got your papers stating your divorce was final?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
easinpc
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:07 AM

When I got mine I had a variety of emotions. I was relieved that it was finally over but also was sad that it had ended. The happy/relieved feeling was alot stronger than the sad feeling.

AshnSerena
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:11 AM
Happy. But really no different than I had since our 1st court date. To me it was done then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky35
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:28 PM

i was relieved and happy and i celebrated.   i hated the marriage and what it made me become.   now i couldn't be more happier. 

GraLauJon
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:37 PM

we have been separated for so long that i dont think i would feel anything once the final papers come in. i will have to wait and see; he did tell me to find us an atty at the outset (5 yrs ago) - which i did. but then called me to say he wasnt sure he wanted to get divorced.  10 mins later someone knocked on my door and he had me served!  that really messed with my head. i panicked b/c i didnt understand the whole process. i felt betrayed and hurt.  ive gone thru alot of educating myself and support groups and have to say that nothing he does or that will come to me as a consequence of being with him will be a shock or a longing anymore.  just pain of infliction (like getting stabbed in the back) and then motivation to move on.  my son wants a divorce party when its all said and done. 

latoya513
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:10 PM
I haven't gotten papers yet either, but have been seperated for some time now. I believe it would make me cry. They say divorce feels like a death, but at the end of the day I'm sure that would just about complete my cleansing process. yay to my new life!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
punky3175
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:30 PM
Agree. And I started planning the party. :-)

Quoting lucky35:

i was relieved and happy and i celebrated.   i hated the marriage and what it made me become.   now i couldn't be more happier. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acastle2
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:48 PM

I had a big celebration planned for when my divorce was finalized BUT as I was leaving the court I got into a car wreck but I was still overly happy and the cop even told me congrats lmbo

girl-n-2boyz
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:12 AM

bouncing

amandaelliott83
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Which time? lol The first time...I had already found someone new...probably says a lot on why the 2nd one ended b/c I married him and now I'm divorced again. The 2nd time was BITTERSWEET......b/c it's something I knew was best for me and my children but so sad b/c I had lost my love. :( Still sad thinking about it. It'll be a year in January and he's already getting another divorce and found another girl to marry. So so sad to be alone :( 

singlemotherof8
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 10:00 AM

I was excited with loy knowing that i was a free women and didn't have to worry about him trying to get me back like he had done twice before. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)