Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He has another child....

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:44 PM
  • 7 Replies

My son's father has another child she is about 21 months now. My ex is back and forth saying the child is his and then it isn't. (The child is his but he's being an ass). I want my son to know his sister. He knows he has a sister from his dad as he has told him and showed him pictures of his sister. My ex won't tell me who the mother is or the child as I asked that way they kids could at least meet. The mother has heard nothing but bad stuff about me from my ex and I know this b/c he tells all his flings and gfs nothing but bad stuff about me. My ex made a slip up tho and said after he moved to California that the other mother moved back to Texas. She is supposed to be in my area now. Would you keep trying to gain information so your child can meet their sibling or just let it pass? My ex I doubt ever makes it back out here to introduce the children. She knows who I am b/c I would bring my son up to see his dad at his job and they worked together. (This much I do know) So how would yall approach it? He acts like I am trying to pry and ruin whatever they don't have but I just want my son to know his sister I believe that's his right.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
PandTsmomjuly
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:37 AM

If the mom thinks bad about you, I would let it drop. Make sure your kid knows as he grows up that he has one so that he can look for her when he's old enough.

RLSMOM59
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:38 AM

Just let it go. That is his life that you and child are not a part of. when he or the mother of the other child is ready, they will let you know. If and when you child asks about his siter, just let him know you do not know where she is and he has to ask his father. Why invite more drama into your life. Personally, I would tell the STBX that I am happy for him after I file for child support. The first person gets the most.

easinpc
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:22 AM

As hard as it may be to do I would just let it go.  If the other mother knows who you are she may reach out to you, or she may not feel comfortable having her child around you/your son if all she's heard is bad things about you.  For now I would just sit tight and quit asking for info and see what happens in the future.  Good luck!

GraLauJon
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:03 PM

if the other woman has it in her mind to not like you then i would let it drop. she prolly knows where to find YOU.  and if she ever settles down she may change her mind. i have heard in other support grps how the there is the ex wives club. lol.  the exes all eventually get to know each other and get along well. i would say to back off and just give it some time.  it may present itself to you down the road anyway.

lucky35
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:57 PM

if the other woman knows who you are and hasn't approached you on having the kids meet then she isn't ready or doesn't want that.   just leave it alone for now.  when they get older or if the other woman decides she wants them to meet then it will happen. 

tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Sep. 15, 2011 at 4:14 PM

can of wormsDon't open a can of worms.  Why make life more complicated than you need to for you or your child?

teesoloca
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 12:33 PM
I agree with everyone else on all their points...i would drop itif I were you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)