• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In 8 to 10 days...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:21 PM
  • 3 Replies

My STBX will be served with divorce papers.

It's for the best. But it still stings a bit. I can't help but be a little sad for the life that will never be.

I can go home and love my boys tonight. I can hear them laugh and hear those tiny voices say Momma Momma when I walk in the door. I can feel those little arms around my legs.

He gets none of that. And he never EVER will

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
milmomma2006
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

way to stay focused on those babies, momma! i was absolutely devastated by my divorce and the one and only thing that kept me going was my wonderful baby girl!! good luck and im sending hugs and prayers your way!!!

GraLauJon
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:13 PM
2 moms liked this

"I cant help but be a little sad for the life that will never be."  How many of us have said that? and yet this time when you did it sparked a different reaction out of me. Like, "hey there is a life to come that we can create and it will be wonderful."  how many times do my kids complain about how miserable they feel being tormented by  dad, or afraid of him and his rages?  Really, i think what you just said freed me a little more.  we have peace in our house. we have freedom. we have a whole future ahead of us. but in the moment, we can love what we are doing without feeling a chunk of emptiness...b/c we have each other. Thanks for your post. You are right.  the careless one loses out. and arent we blessed?!  XO

easinpc
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Going home and hugging your boys and telling you that you love them is a wonderful thing to do.  While I know this is a difficult time always remember that it is the best for not only you but also your children.  Pleaase remember that we are here for you during this time and I hope that you feel free to reach out to any of us during this time.  *hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)