Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lunch date

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:33 PM
  • 17 Replies
2 moms liked this

My lunch date was awesome!! We started out right where we left off at coffe on friday. We laughed and jokes and flirted like a couple of 16 yrs olds..Several people gave us the evil eye for laughing so hard..We finally left the resturant and went on a walk through the park. We laughed and talked. Nothing serious, jusy enjoying getting to know each other.

We even sat in the swings and talked about our kids. He has a 10 yds and I have a 13yr dd. We talked about how things changed from when we were kids growing up.

After spending about 5 hrs together, it was time to head home. He was the perfect gentleman. Gave me a light kiss on the lips and said he would call me soon.. He did 2 hrs later...saying how much fun he had..

Next date is in 2 weeks...this time a real, sat night date. OMG! I haven't been on a Sat night date inover 20yrs....Talk about nervous..LOL...

Will up date you ladies... 

Lorie  bowing down

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
donnadea
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
sounds like you had a great time. Good for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:39 PM

I'm glad to hear that your lunch date today went well!!  I have to admit I'm jealous!  Have fun on your next date!

momof3914
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Im happy you enjoyed yourself. Im also glad to know there are still gentlemen in this world.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ljp64
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this

He was a gentleman, held the doors open for me, pulled my chair out for me... I had fun and it was so refreshing to to just laugh and talk. No pressures, no guessing if he was  going to talk or pout!!

4MySon36
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:06 AM
Im just starting to follow your posts(hate I missed post about coffee date) but it sounds amazing! Good for you and cant wait to hear about Sat night date!!!! :)
cara124
by Cara on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:45 AM

sounds like you had an awesome time ! ..... thats great good luck on your Sat. night date !

t-jill
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh that sounds wonderful - 5 hours and no awkward moments!

ljp64
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Ok an update......5 hrs on my blackberry IM'ing while I cleaned and cooked...Laughing is so much fun when the other person is able laugh as hard as I do...LOL...KARMA IS A GOOD THING~~~

easinpc
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I want to meet a guy like this!  I'm so happy for you!

Quoting ljp64:

He was a gentleman, held the doors open for me, pulled my chair out for me... I had fun and it was so refreshing to to just laugh and talk. No pressures, no guessing if he was  going to talk or pout!!

hkf
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 7:30 AM

I love this post! I got on this forum a few weeks ago after having a lot of angst over my own new dating situation. I felt like I needed to hear from other divorced women what was going on in their lives. I've been busy and have missed a bunch of posts, but I have to say, reading your post is exactly why I joined this group!

I remember some of my first dates last year and it was exactly how you described. How fun and thrilling! Best of luck!!! I will be back and reading more of what everyone has to say. Thanks for sharing!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)