Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My first fender bender

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:42 PM
  • 1 Replies

I was in my first fender bender today and I have to say I am very thankful that neither my son, myself, or anybody in the other car were hurt.  At an intersection I had a stopsign and after stopping and checking both ways I proceeded through the intersection.  Well a car that had been parked on the side of the road on the cross street didn't look and just pulled out and proceeded thru the intersection.  He hit me on the passanger side door (luckily my son was sitting behind me.  All the damage that was done to my car was a little scratch along the bottom of the front passanger door that is not noticable unless you are right next to it looking at it.  To his car all it did was knock his license plate loose.

My son (who is 7) was very scared and screamed and cried for a few minutes after it happened but overall he is ok and after about 5 minutes he was back to his normal self.  I am very happy that it was very minor and I hope that I never have to go thru anything like it ever again!

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
KeriAZ
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

So sorry that this happened to you but so glad that it was nothing more then a minor inconvience to you. It can be very scary to young ones. Even older ones get abit nervous. I was in a minor one a few months ago. I was stopped at a light and the lady behind me didnt stop and bumped into the back of my Jeep. Didnt do any damage to my Jeep cause she hit the tire that is back there but damaged her grill. Stupid people irritate me when they dont pay attention.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)