Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Age difference

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:45 PM
  • 15 Replies

Another post I saw here on Cafemom got me to thinking.  Whats the biggest age difference between you and some one you've dated/been married to/etc has ever been?

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
easinpc
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Most guys that I've dated have been around 3-4 years older than me.  My ex husband was 2 years older than me.  The only guy that I've dated that was older than 3-4 years than me was 8 years older than me. 

mylilgooberpea
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I didnt date much my brother either slammed the door in their faces o ri didnt like them that way. So my first fiance was 3 years older, my stbex was 3 months older, and my next BF will be 3 to 5 years older. But it will be a long while before I get into another relationship, im not dating for just me anymore.

ljp64
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:21 AM

My 1st ex was 17 yrs older than me..Age never was a difference, it was his cheating that eneded our 8 yr marriage.  2nd ex was 9 months younger. He walked out afte 18yrs. He got tired of his responsibilities, founf an old gk on facebook and left.

My lunch date I had to day is 8 yrs younger than me. of the 3, HE was the gentleman!..So , I'll wait and see what happens.

Lorie  bowing down

t-jill
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 6:06 AM

My boyfriends and husband were all younger. I think one relationship I had 20 years ago was he was about 10 years younger. My husband is 6 years younger, as is my sister's husband.

thestepmom101
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 10:15 AM

My last relationship he was 16 years younger. Was the BEST relationship I ever had. Not sure what to do with guys my own age. Just leaving the door open for whatever

SassyTeena
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:05 AM
When I was 19 I dated a. Guy that was 50, that was the biggest age difference. Most of the men I have dated were either my age or acouple years older. I've been single for about 4 years now, I choose to be single. I was always in a relationship since 16, so I needed to get yo know who I was. My sisters have been trying to get me to date younger guys, I don't know.
cara124
by Cara on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:42 AM

ummm! my boyfriends tended to be around my age... my EXdh was about 5yrs older than me... and my current "friend" is about 6months younger than me....

easinpc
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Thinking back I'm not sure I've ever dated anybody that was younger than me.  I think I went out on one date with a guy that was younger but it never went any farther than that. 

Quoting SassyTeena:

When I was 19 I dated a. Guy that was 50, that was the biggest age difference. Most of the men I have dated were either my age or acouple years older. I've been single for about 4 years now, I choose to be single. I was always in a relationship since 16, so I needed to get yo know who I was. My sisters have been trying to get me to date younger guys, I don't know.

BraysMama08
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 3:30 PM

2 or 3 years.  My ex was actually 2 and a half years younger than me [emotionally probably more like 10 years younger haha].  I'm not currently in a relationship and probably won't be for some time.  I doubt I'll date younger again, it would have to be someone that really knocked my socks off and was mature for their age.  I'm 33 right now, I wouldn't have a problem dating anyone who was 10 years older than me.

My step-dad is 21 years older than my mine.  I don't get it, not the age difference but because my mom is a raging b*tch and my step-dad is SO nice.  My ex is 31 and dating someone who's 21.  That I have an issue with simply for the fact that I don't want a 21 year old to possibly be my son's step-mother.  I know for a fact she can barely take care of herself.  I much prefer someone older, because I don't want to feel like a kid [no offense to anyone] is watching my son.

nebraskamomto2
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 7:10 AM

I usually dated guys 2-3 years older, but my ex is 9 years older.  I don't think I'd want much more of an age difference.  I had a guy who asked me out who was a little younger than me and I just couldn't do it.  I was sitting there thinking, yeah...in 10 years you'll hit your mid life crisis and be done with me.  Yep...that's how I think right now lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)