Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much did your divorce cost?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:17 AM
  • 38 Replies

I got to thinking reading another post.  My divorce was expensive to me but compared to others it was relatively inexpenseive.  $600.   I didn't have property issues or custody issues.  How much did your's cost?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:22 AM
$250. We just had to pay court costs since we did the paperwork ourselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GunPwderNlead
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Hahaha I wish!!! I'm over 10,000 already. It's been over a year and were still not divorced. No property, money, or any materials to dispute. He is just contesting everything to be an ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I am going through legal aid because I make less than $18K a year... if STBX does not contest anything it will cost less than $500 & that's for the atty fees & filing fees. If he contests things then it will cost over $2000! I am hoping he doesn't because I can not afford that.

cara124
by Cara on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:11 AM

because neither of us contested much in the divorce ( he took his stuff ... I took mine ) the divorce as fairly cheap .... like 300$ for court fees...... know our Custody issues over the last 2yrs are costing him a pretty penny because i wont back down when it comes to the kids and he is the one doing all the filing so he is the one doing all the paying ( yep even attorneys fees for me because i don't thing he ever read the divorce papers ) ......

tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Quoting GunPwderNlead:

Hahaha I wish!!! I'm over 10,000 already. It's been over a year and were still not divorced. No property, money, or any materials to dispute. He is just contesting everything to be an ass.

Ditto!

Chrismomto5
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Mine cost me $325 for my lawyer to do my paperwork and $300 to file with the court.  I represented myself.  I did lose a day of pay, so that was another almost $200.  
Also, if you count the fact that I had to move out of state for my children's safety (and the recommendation of the Detective I spoke to regarding my reason for leaving XH), having to enroll into a Refresher Course to transfer my nursing license (since I hadn't worked in almost 7yrs), and the cost of starting over, the entire thing cost me about $7,000!   

KeriAZ
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Mine cost under $300.

GunPwderNlead
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Glad I'm not the only one!!!

Quoting tottaxi:

Quoting GunPwderNlead:

Ditto!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SEJ
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Count me in!!!  I cant believe it CAN cost so little.....WTH?

Quoting GunPwderNlead:

Glad I'm not the only one!!!

Quoting tottaxi:

Quoting GunPwderNlead:

Ditto!

christylove2715
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:24 PM

well the filing here was 230 for hubs and i we did it on our own but now its getting nasty so its time for lawyers.. my lawyer is going to ask for him to pay for the cost of a laywer... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)