Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Together or Apart : A Lose/Lose situation?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:05 PM
  • 2 Replies

After 2 years of marriage, it became clear that my In-Laws never accepted or approved of me.

My husband is strongly connected to his family, both emotionally, and financially (he's the giver in both cases).  For 2 years now, my in-law's communication to me was just to verify that I do take care of my husband, that I do contribute financially, that I have a steady , well-paid job, that I iron, clean, cook etc.

They take my generosity for granted (or unnoticed) and never ask about my mother's health, although they can chat and gossip about every single shop and neighbor in the area.

The last Xmas dinner was so cold: his mother and siblings did not talk to me and he took their side. The more she puts me down, the colder my husband gets, to the point of calling me a loser (and many ugly names), although I have a great career and a steady job. When she dislikes something about me, he starts to comment that he dislikes it too. It's like her curse stands between us.

He has been very good and very bad to me, so it's like he's two people : My man, or his Mama's boy.

That's why I'm not sure if I should stay or go.

Since  New Year's eve, my husband and I live like roommates, hardly talking to eachother. He said he wants to deduct my health coverage from his job policy, as it costs him $7,000 a year. He asked me to sign a confirmation that I have no financial obligations should we divorce.

I feel that his mother influences him and her voice echoes behind his "decisions".

I feel trapped. Please help me.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ProudMamma1982
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow hugs.
Sounds alot like my situation.....I'm now going through a divorce now...I'm no help sorry BC that's a lot of the reason I'm divorcing along with a few other things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cloversmom808
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

dont sign the paper firstly thats just a no go. counseling might help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)