• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He is not out for the best interest of the children!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:40 PM
  • 4 Replies
So my ex is trying to go back to court to fight me for full custody. When he cheated and got his gf pregnant we left. Missed his sons birth, daughters first steps, words every thing the same with my son. Well we live about 5 states apart and he is still with gf and baby. Well seeing the kids has been an issue because he wants to come and go when ever he wants. I got served with papers a day before he arrived claiming I was denying him his rights. I told him it was bad timing for us and to better come att our daughters bday. Well I was pissed but still let him see them for a few hours. Now he keeps asking me when he can take my 2 year old and 3 year old to see his faamily. Ihave told him so many times that I dont want them to travel so far away without me because they have always been with me and dont really know him. The only thing I get back is, oh u r just keeping them from me and I am taking this back to court. I have no clue where he lives or works. He wobt give me any info, and I should feel comfortable with that? I told him if he really wants to be that big part in their lifes he would move down here. But he wont do that and just always finds ways to say that what I am doing is wrong! But isnt that what would be best for the kids? Why do they have to be put on a plain to see their dad that choose to be with his new family? Is that right?i have to work hard for my money and she is a stay at home mom and he wont even pay his full amount for daycare because he didnt agree for fulltime. Our divorce papers say hee has to pay 71%. He wants to skype with the kids but I cant afford internet and if I try to work it out were he pays his daycare part and I can get internet, but all he sais is agree to my visitatin schedule. I wish I had more time for my kids and not work full time and it makes me so sad that he wants to break me to the point were he thinks I will give up. Why wont he just move here if he misses them so much and wants to be a huge part in their lifes. I just dont understand. Has anyone gone thru this and can give me advice? He talks to them 1 a week and I send pictures abd give updates when he asks me. Just so angry.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
luvmy002girls
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:46 PM
So sorry your going through this. He's pretty stupid to try and take you to court when he's not even paying what he's supposed to. If he is court ordered to pay you he cannot bribe you. I would be filing complaints about him not paying that way you have a record. Gl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RLSMOM59
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Do you have a visitation plan on file with the court? If so, stand by that. However, you do have to make concessions to let him visit the children when he does come to town (which you did) but you cannot dictate when he comes to town. My order states the father has to give me a weeks notice so I can clear her schedule. If you don not have an order in place, do not let him take the children far or have them supervised. GL

cara124
by Cara on Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:45 AM

my suggestion would be to follow through on your court orders period ... and if he is not paying his share of court order payments file a complaint with the court ..... most judge wont let children that young travel alone anyways...... if you do go back to court for visitations to change make it where he has to give you 1 weeks notice before he comes to town to see them & that he has to give you his address and work info....

Peregrine
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 2:41 PM

I understand. My stbx is full of crap. He says the boys mean so much to him. Yet he hasn't seen them in months. Doesn't call to check up on them and refuses to pay ANY childsupport.

I'm working with my attorney, but there could a problem now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)