Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating question.........what do you think.....

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:52 PM
  • 26 Replies

A few weeks ago I put my profile on a dating website.  It was really done as a joke and my BFF and I were just looking to see what kind of men were on there.

Well...........someone sent me a message.  This man is really nice!  A true gentleman!  His wife left him and drained the bank account so he's a little afraid.....which is great because I'm not ready for a relationship.

However, I finally agreed to meet him.  Here's the deal......................he weighs maybe 500 lbs.  Where I am so not attracted to heavy set men.............I am attracted to him as a person.  I've never been interested in anyone of that large of size AND I'm so confused.

My ds & I have spent most of the weekend with him and his children.  He respected me like a true gentleman.  He didn't touch me, make comments NOTHING in front of the kids.....which I thought was really nice.  He treated my ds just like his own.

Am I interested just because he is giving me attention?  Or am I really interested? Is it possible to get over the weight part of it?

I would appreciate your comments HOWEVER if you plan on being ugly, please don't bother.  Thanks!

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LILTIGERS
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 5:57 AM
3 moms liked this
I say id rather have a loving overweight man than unloving muscle man! Physical can always change..but personality is not a changeable.I say keep hanging out.Suggest cooking a healthy meal and going to do active things..its good for all people!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cenedra64
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 6:59 AM
3 moms liked this

that's a choice only you and your heart can make.    I think it's wonderful you're attracted to a person's soul not appearances.  

Peregrine
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:57 AM
3 moms liked this
My view is simple, inside is what counts. Weight is a number that change. The soul defines who you are. You might be surprise, you may fall in love and no longer see his weight. And his weight might change with the love of a good woman.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4MySon36
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I commend you for reaching out, and I agree with the others its what you are attracted to, if hes wonderful for you and your kids everything else will fall into place. Sometimes we as people worry to much about what others may think, but I feel God puts the most unlikley people in our lives for a reason. Hang in there and see how things develop! Rooting for you ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mantyangel
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

For me, it would depend how active he is and if it's enough for you.  I would want someone who would join me and kids on bike rides, the beach, walks, etc.  If he is able to do that then the appearance doesn't matter.  The heart is what is the most important.  Just try and decide quickly because if it's not going to happen don't string the guy along.

Judith3247
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:25 AM
bump:)

cara124
by Cara on Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:37 AM

its great your reaching out and wiling to look pass the weight issue to the inside of someone.... I would say as long as he is active and enjoys the same things you do start the relationship as friends and see where it goes from there ....

momofmatt
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Quoting Cenedra64:

that's a choice only you and your heart can make.    I think it's wonderful you're attracted to a person's soul not appearances.  

Thanks for the compliment!  He works out of town 5 days a week.  He is home on the weekends and usually spends it all with his kids.  I am a city girl......he is a country boy.  This weekend, I was more carefree than I've been in a long time!

This is soooo way down the line..........and I sure hope someone doesn't think bad of me................BUT....... sex has questioned me.  Like.....how....again I'm even embarrassed to be saying that.

I also worry about what my friends/family thinks.  I'm trying to step out of my box.  But I told him in the beginning and even this weekend.....that I'm going extremely slow!

mantyangel
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 2:07 PM

As for sex, never tried it with someone of that size, but I'm where there is a will there is a way.

momofmatt
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Isn't funny how us women run all kinds of things in our minds.  I'm sure if there is a will....it won't be an issue BUT I still wonder.......................LOL

Again, that is so far from now AND he is aware of that and says he respects me for my decision.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)