Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone ever been in this situation

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:43 AM
  • 4 Replies
Hi, My marraigeis not doing well and my husband constantly threatens me with divorce.He is very verbally abusive to me everyday.If I try to talk to him he becomes easily upset and threatens to leave the house.I am a stay at home mom with only a high-school diploma.My daughter has type1 diabetes and I have a son.I feel completely trapped.I would like to get work but I don't know who will our my kids on the bus and take them off summer vacations etc. and care for my daughters diabetes.I am concerned for her health in a divorce.Is it abandonment when my husband leaves the house and stays out overnight?Could I get child support with 50/50 custody.I live in Ct.I do not have my mother or father or any family help and my husband knows this.I do not know what to do.My everyday life is a nightmare.I feel completely unloved by my husband,lost,alone and scared.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Lovingmyland
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I am so sorry that you are going through this.  It's not right to consistently threaten divorce and I'm sure he's probably doing it to scare you or make you think you are alone.  You are NOT alone!  I wish I could say some magic word or phrase to help you but please know that you are NOT alone.  Hopefully one of our sisters can help you further!

cara124
by Cara on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:39 PM

first step is join some womens groups in your local area... look to the Ymca... women's shelters or even contact the human resource office in your county ( welfare office ) ... they have programs to help you answers ( and do ) all these questions.....

gym123
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Do you think YMCA or human resource would have a program to help me get work where I could I could afford to support my kids and help me with child care.I do not want to go on welfare.My husband does make money where he could pay child support.He knows he is the bread winner and has made this clear to me.He has said to me that I am never going to be someone and what would I do without him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beenthere3
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Ugh! Sister!! I know exactly how you feel. Being verbally abused is just as damaging as physically, but we all justify it and make it ok because it's not physical but it's NOT OKAY! I understand you worry about the health and safety of your children in the event of divorce but please consider this:  YOUR HUSBAND IS RIGHT NOW TEACHING YOUR DAUGHTER WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A MAN! YOUR HUSBAND IS RIGHT NOW TEACHING YOUR SON HOW TO ACT AS A MAN! 

I don't know the laws of CT, check out the state's family court website.  You should get plently of info re: your rights.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)