Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child support

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:55 AM
  • 4 Replies
hi ladys am amy i am currently going through a hard time me n my "husband" seprated a week ago n as things are going we are seeking a divorce today i picked up all my belongings and as i was doing so he tried to sstop me from getting my things he said everything belonged fo him since i wasnt working at the time we bought the stuff i told him i was gonna call cops to help me n thats how he agreed to give it to me now i am scared he will try and take away my layla and i dont know who to go with or what todo my dad says to get his ass on child support but i dont know how or were to get that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mrs.Miller11
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:59 AM

you go down to your local courthouse, the child support enforcement agency. File. Its relatively simple. He cant just take your kid or prevent you from taking things from the home. Everything aquired during marriage is considered 50/50 in most states unlessthere was a prenup

amylee88
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:11 PM
thank you and no there was no prenup

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

you go down to your local courthouse, the child support enforcement agency. File. Its relatively simple. He cant just take your kid or prevent you from taking things from the home. Everything aquired during marriage is considered 50/50 in most states unlessthere was a prenup

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spunkysmama
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

Yes, and also it's worth consulting an attorney in your state to know and preserve your rights.  If you are starting off on an adversarial foot, you'll probably be fighting about your daughter and having something legally in place will help things run more smoothly, which will be good for Layla, too.

amylee88
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM
thank you all my aunt is taking me to an legal cunsultant office i just wanna get this over with

Quoting spunkysmama:

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

Yes, and also it's worth consulting an attorney in your state to know and preserve your rights.  If you are starting off on an adversarial foot, you'll probably be fighting about your daughter and having something legally in place will help things run more smoothly, which will be good for Layla, too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)