Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They Just Don't Care

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM
  • 1 Replies

I've been going SO many things in past six months since my ex told me about his affair.  In particular I've been thinking about the e-mails my ex and I have sent back and forth to each other regarding the closure aspect. 

My ex told me that he would accept whatever consequences come his way - according to his 'faith' in the forgiveness area.  He knows that his daughter won't talk to him but yet knew this would happen when he decided to have an affair with his co-worker.  Anyone with a conscience would think twice about having an affair.  Not my ex.  He went full speed ahead - twice - with his affair.  Twice as in the gf and he actually broke up and got back together again later.  My ex never even thought about the consequences of losing a family (his parents, his brother, even his own daughter).  Me?  I never amounted that much to him since he decided to pursue this other woman. 

Men just don't care about the outcome when they literally destroy families because they have the need for another life.  My ex's need to simply run away from his problems instead of meet them headon AND save a marriage of 23 years just wasn't important to him.  He simply just didn't care about anything but himself.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Clynn301
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I'm so sorry about that.  I've never experienced it myself but I think I can identify with how hurt you must feel.  Not to mention the devastation to your family life.  Just remember that you deserve waaaay better!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)