Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Judges

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM
  • 2 Replies

I'll never forget my divorce hearing.  It was one of the most emotional days in my life.  My ex wasn't present as he was deployed overseas.  I was the only one representing our divorce.  I could barely get the words out and stop myself from crying.  I was asked by the judge what lead to the divorce.  I told her of my ex's affair and two illegitimate children.   When the female judge asked me about my divorce in particular the two children that my ex had fathered out of wedlock she actually stopped herself and looked at me when she realized that my ex had fathered two children in less than one year.  I'll never forget the look on her face.  She actually stopped herself and asked me the dates of the two illegitimate children's births.  I knew the dates I also told her I knew the names of these children.   She asked me how I knew the dates and the names of the children.  I told her that my ex had told our daughter of the names of the children and we were both privy of the dates of the births due to my ex's iPhone he left me and the invite he gave our daughter to attend the birth of his second child.   The judge just looked at me with astoundment.  Airing the 'dirty laundry' of my ex in the courtroom was devistating. 

I can't imagine the daily barrage of divorce cases that this judge faces.  The stories of every divorce come out in her courtroom.  I don't think I could stand all the scumbag ex's that are out in society.   My hat goes off to these judges.  I could never do their job.

I also remember when I got up and walked out of the courtroom there was another woman ready for her own divorce hearing.  We both looked at each other.  Her eyes were filled with tears because she must have been going through the same ordeal in her life - a cheating husband. 

My ex has no idea the torment I've gone through for his disgusting deeds.  All he got was a divorce decree in the mail.  In the decree are stated the names of his two illegitimate children, their dates of birth, and the reason for our divorce.  My ex has no idea that I was the one sitting in that court room going through all that humiliation. 

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
M4LG5
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:19 PM

HUGS!!!!

cara124
by Cara on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:49 PM

this is one of the reasons i really do love living in CA .... as its a no fault state and i wasnt required in open court to state why i wanted the divorce.... I'm sorry this happened to you (((((( hugs )))))))) .... life will get better i promise !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)