Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ex getting married? Not sure how I feel about this UPDATE

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:35 PM
  • 12 Replies

Okay so I can't stand my ex and really want nothing to do with him but we are still hashing out stuff in the courts. So I am like 90% sure he is getting married while on vacation with his boys (with the ? he cheated on me with) next week. I know I am okay with it but it still hurts to. Is that normal? Any advice?

Well looks like I might be wrong. Turns out the boys have been clueless about the "family  vacation" too.  Girlfriend has invited her son and dauaghter and their 2 friends on the Hawaii trip. My sons found this out end of last week. They are furious and now don't want to go (it's next week). I flat out asked them is there something else that might be planned with dad and his girlfriend and they said "how should they know. Dad keeps chnaging everything and they really don't care at this point". They are both upset and hurt. I told them they are adults now and they have choices weather to go or not and if dad can't refund the tickets then he should have thought of that before he kept changing stuff and not consulting them.

Update: Well I talked with my ex SIL (we are still close) and she said she didn't know all this drama was going on but she did say she asked ex MIL if there was to be a wedding and MIL said no way cause she asked ex herself. I guess thats one less thing to worry about. They are suppose to leave on thurs and I still don't know for sure if they are going.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redpatz
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:54 PM
2 moms liked this
I feel for u!!! My ex cheated, too. I found out, asked him to move out of our house so he did. And he moved right in with her! Our divorce was finalized several months later. Now I hear from my son that he's engaged.. This might be awful, but I secretly hope they get married & one of them ends up cheating on the other (she was married too, when they started their affair). Take comfort in the fact that all relationships cool over time. Sooner or later your ex & his mistress will be having fights over money or household chores or whatever. They won't be happily ever after either, statistics prove that they're not likely to last. *Hugs* to u!!
momofne
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Oh yeah I agree! I mean here's someone who cheated on his wife, stole money from me, lied every time he opened his mouth, getting married to someone who was sleeping with a married guy and stood by him for all these years (we were separated for several years but they met like 2 years before he moved out. didn't find out everything until last year). My ex has money, has his own business( she comes from not such a well off place) so I'm sure she's in it for the money. Funny I wonder what she would think if I told her he actually asked me when I filed if there wasn't any way we could work it out, no reconciliation? LOL! Yeah good luck to them!

Quoting redpatz:

I feel for u!!! My ex cheated, too. I found out, asked him to move out of our house so he did. And he moved right in with her! Our divorce was finalized several months later. Now I hear from my son that he's engaged.. This might be awful, but I secretly hope they get married & one of them ends up cheating on the other (she was married too, when they started their affair). Take comfort in the fact that all relationships cool over time. Sooner or later your ex & his mistress will be having fights over money or household chores or whatever. They won't be happily ever after either, statistics prove that they're not likely to last. *Hugs* to u!!

redpatz
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Quoting momofne:

My sis also divorced b/c her DH cheated.. her DH remarried & had a couple more kids, too. Now my sis gets a voluntary full report from her son when he comes home from his dad's weekends. Her son tells her about the arguments his dad & step mom have over money & how his stepmom doesn't want to work. My sis gets a huge kick out of her ex's misery, especially because his family used to accuse her of being a gold-digger though she always had a job. Now her ex truly is stuck with a real gold-digger! lol
BMW0508
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:33 PM
i am waiting for that day. They arent engaged yet that i know of but they have been together over a year...(we split a year ago). So who knows....im not sure how i will feel. I do get the satisfaction that he might relapse and do it to her. But hell, i told her i hope she does it to him!! Time for him to taste his own medicine! lol anywho, i like her, ironically. She is great with my kids and they love her which is all that matters to me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newbie1198
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Quoting redpatz:

Okay I'm beginning to wonder if we were all married to the same man. LOL!  My stbx moved in with his mistress the day he left us.  We are currently in the divorce process and he's trying to hurry me I can only imagine so that he can marry her.  And he has already informed me that I'd better get used to her cause she's gonna be around for a long time.  My mom says you were suppose to be around for a long time too forever in fact and that only lasted 15yrs.  so I am waiting for trouble to start in their paradise too.  Everybody says it will and I hope so.  Plus I didnt know I was marrying a cheater and she does-what can she expect?

muffin

cara124
by Cara on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Mines already had one live in GF .... she left his ass after only 1 yr... can't wait till the next one ! ..... at least when he has a GF he isnt focused on me ! ....

M4LG5
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:09 PM

When my ex got married, in my mind I said, "Better her than me!!"

momofne
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Bump for update.

steviechick
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 3:23 PM

When my ex got married he got married by proxy.  Imagine how romantic that was?  It seems to fit the ex's and his new wife's life.  Since they both decided to sneak around, have children out of wedlock it's only fitting to see the two of them getting married worlds apart (literally).  I see the same scenario playing out in their own marriage.  Money problems, fights, lies and cover-ups.  Something I got used to after a while. 

I'm a firm believer when two scumbags decide to lie and cheat they get their come uppin's in the end. 

Ditto, M4LG5!  Better her then me!  LOL!

Bensma
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 4:08 PM

It DOES help to not like your ex in order to move on! OMGoodness...remarriage in Hawaii! Holy s! Yes...it is normal and natural to have feelings around remarriage. Luckily, your boys are adults and can choose whether or not to interact with his new wife. My son has to deal with Cruella the Stepmonster, as he is 14 and we have joint custody. Just think of what a disgusting disappointment he is...cheating. Yuck! You are better on your own or with someone who won't hurt you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)