Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any tips on keeping a visitation/contact log???

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:23 AM
  • 9 Replies

Does anyone use a program called Custody X Change?  It is such a nuissance to have to log every single phone call attempt, Skype session, visitation, etc that I have definitely fallen behind on my log.  My lawyers advised keeping one because my ex is volatile and a log will help me in the event he takes me back to court to try and get custody of my kids (I have sole).  I found this program, Custody X Change, online and am trying to set up the trial version right now but was just wondering if anyone has an easier process or ideas.  I am on my laptop almost every night after the kids go to bed (for work) so it'd be easier to have something I could just input the day's account.  Also, I have two kids and they don't see their father equally, so I am looking for something to show how little one sees him vs the other.  Any tips would be much appreciated!

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:19 AM
I just use a notebook. I only write down times he actually takes them on his own. I don't count the measly 15 minute visits when he drops by my house. I also write down every time he skips his scheduled visitation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beenthere3
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:24 AM

I just used Word and keep a list with the date and the events of what happened. 

momofamamasboy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:39 AM
I save all the texts and take screen shots on my phone of the calls. Knowing my ex, he would say he never called, texted, said xyz.
maddsmami
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Thanks ladies.  He only communicates via texts to me so I definitely keep all those since most are rants that go on for hours.  I tried doing Word for a bit but it didn't seem to give the full effect of his lack of parenting.  My lawyer said to doc the skype sessions too.  So time consuming!  

Judith753
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not officially divorced yet but I just write everything in a notebook. I also try to email with stbxh whenever possible so that I am sure I have a record of our communication. I keep track of how long he goes without contacting me at all about seeing our son, when he is late, general crazy things he says and does....

Montreatgrad
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:48 PM

I got a separate calendar to keep up with my visitation notes.  I try only to communicate with my stbx via email and I print a hard copy of all of those.  If we do text I take screen shots of those. 

StrongHearted
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I think it would be harder to keep an online log and having it in your handwriting is priceless.  It proves that you were the one making the notes and if needed, you can have it analyzed to show when you were stressed, I know my writing show it!

jesandmyboys
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I use a date book...everytime he screws up I write it in the approoriate day and I'm done, it's really annoying that my life has become all about documenting every little crap thing the STBX does.....it's like a full time job! 

maddsmami
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I'm using the trial version of the program and was a little taken aback but not suprised that the calculated percentages of how much time is spent with each parent was so drastic...99.7% with me, 0.3% with xh.  Sad.  I still keep a little datebook to do quick jotting but the visual calendar makes a very dramatic statement.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)