Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi! I'm new here, this is my story..please no bashing

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:43 PM
  • 9 Replies

Me and my ex husband were together for almost 10 years. We have two amazing little boys who we both love dearly, he was my bestfriend for the longest time, and then I cheated on him with some guy I worked with and we divorced.  I learned my lesson it was a stupid mistake I have no idea where my frame of mind was that night honestly. Here recently me and my ex have desided to try to get back together for the sake of our family and each other. We both agree that there at the end (before I cheated) neither one of us was putting in a very good effort to help the marriage work. So I guess my question to you is, do you think we are wrong for wanting to give it one more shot?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cydney1
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

No.  I think it is great.  Counseling may help you both too.  I wish you the best and hope your family can successfully re-unite.  I would love to have that chance.  Keep us posted.

dammad
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

No...give it your best shot......But let the PAST stay there........Open a new door....You both must not look back......This is where you need to find new things...I also want a chance...but his little girl lies so much he is hating me when he can't see the truth 

nickiemyers
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

NO! I think if you both want it to work, then it can happen. Counseling will be a good place to start as well as date night. You NEED a date night! where you focus on each other. You do not have to go out, you can just cook a nice meal at home and sit down and talk at home, and watch a good movie and sit by each other on the couch! I will pray for you guys and your Family! Good Luck hun!

christylove2715
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:10 PM

i tried that with my soon to be ex and then he goes back to hating me but i have put it out on the table.. go for it i hope it works for you more then it works for me

RLSMOM59
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:28 PM
2 moms liked this

What no one ever tells us before we get married that it is "work". Since both of you are agreeing to make it work write down guidelines, purchase books and of course what others have said counseling. Not all days are going to be good days. Just take them one day at a time. I wish you and your family the best. Keep us updated.

Brownie0720
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Thanks ladies! I hope we work everything out has well, I guess I feel as if I shouldn't be given that chance I screwed it up but he is willing to try I'm all for it. Now if I can get his family to see the same way

Montreatgrad
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's wrong at all.  I wish you the best!

good luck

mantyangel
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I think it is great you are giving it another go.  I tried to forgive my ex for cheating, but it didn't work for us.  I had a very hard time forgiving and forgetting.  He didn't keep his promises and just ended up cheating again.  I'm not telling you this to discourage you, just wanted to let you know you might have to do alot of making up for the pain caused and work really hard to prove you are a trustworthy person.  Don't let him worry about where you are and what you are doing, be proactive to show you want to earn trust back.  I truly wish you both the best.

steviechick
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I, too, think it's great that you and your ex are trying to get back together again.  Hearts heal sometimes.  If two people who truly can work on their relationship then I see nothing wrong with getting back together again. 

Like Manty, my ex and I gave our marriage another try after I caught him cheating on me.  He even told me to trust him after he had proven to me he stepped out of our marriage.  I gave him another try and actually trusted him.  What else would I have done?  I trusted my ex.  I also loved him too much to let him go.  My ex decided to forego a marriage of 24 years and started to chase after the very woman he swore he would never have anything to do with.  Instead of working on our marriage, my ex decided to work harder on his relationship with this other woman.  His promise to love and cherish me forever until death us to do part was thrown in the trash. 

Please prove to your ex that you can be trusted and that you are willing to work out your relationship again.  Communication and full comittment are keys to any relationship working again.  I wish you all the luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)