Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do I feel guilty...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:41 PM
  • 12 Replies

My husband chose to leave his family for a teenager..I filed  the taxes this year..not him...I filed for back child support of all of last year..So why do I cry for his troubles he will face..

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
evilangel198431
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:41 PM
You shouldnt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nickiemyers
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

You are human! Do NOT feel quilty, he chose his path, you didn't force him to. He made his bed now let him lay in it. and You focus on you and your kid(s) you are only human and these feelings only prove it.

dammad
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Yep..He did do that......I know I should not care...but I do ..and it still bothers me...He said ..HE wants to be HAPPY....How can putting trouble on your self be HAPPY ...Can chosing the affair be worth this price?

Montreatgrad
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:28 PM

All your emotions are valid.  Just because your marriage is ending doesn't mean that you turn off all your feelings.  Hope you feel better soon.  And welcome to our group!

group hug

dammad
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Thank you...I need to hear some nice things.........

Cenedra64
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:37 AM

for a teen? wow.  That's considered statutory rape in most states unless there's parental consent. 

dammad
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:26 AM

She is 19...We are into our 40s..But she just turned 20...I am like whoopee...She graduated...  It started with sexting, and she used every known tactic ...pregnant..then miscarried...pregnant..had a baby at or between 14-16 weeks..survived in ICU for 8 days...Trying to commit suiside...again her sister mails she is dying in the hospital.....It was pure hell for us....A vicious teenager wanting only what she wanted...  Calling all day long....And you can't block cell numbers.....I am lost in all this mess...How could my husband not see the bullshit she has done..I don't understand.....   It is like he, felt sorry for her that he had to leave his family to take care of her.. I suppose I should tell my story, because I need help.....

Cenedra64
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Quoting dammad:

She is 19...We are into our 40s..But she just turned 20...I am like whoopee...She graduated...  It started with sexting, and she used every known tactic ...pregnant..then miscarried...pregnant..had a baby at or between 14-16 weeks..survived in ICU for 8 days...Trying to commit suiside...again her sister mails she is dying in the hospital.....It was pure hell for us....A vicious teenager wanting only what she wanted...  Calling all day long....And you can't block cell numbers.....I am lost in all this mess...How could my husband not see the bullshit she has done..I don't understand.....   It is like he, felt sorry for her that he had to leave his family to take care of her.. I suppose I should tell my story, because I need help.....

that girl needs some serious help.  Sounds like she's manipulative and trying to trap a man. I"M sorry for all of you tangled up in that mess.

mantyangel
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 9:37 AM

My story is quite similar.  Only the women wasn't a teenager, just a 45 yr old that acted like one!  She harassed us all non-stop and he left his wife and 3 kids to take care of her messed up a$$.  He regrets it now, his life is crap, but it's too late to come back to the family her left behind.  He still tries to make me feel guilty about not taking him back!  I have to keep remindinig myself that he did this!  He chose this!  He has to live with the consequences just like I have had to.

steviechick
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 11:12 AM

My ex chose to leave his family for a co-worker.  And in the process of it all created two children with this co-worker.  Imagine having two children in diapers at the ripe old age of 53...... My ex created his affair and now has two more children to care for and with his many financial problems not to mentional mental instability it will come to ahead real soon....a very sad state of affairs.....I say everything comes full-circle to those that choose wrong doing.  My ex wanted to be happy, too.  He left me for another woman AND brought along his problems into this new life. 

Your stbx chose to go after this young woman instead of facing his own marital problems.  Any man that decides to do this isn't living in reality.  So sorry to hear of your stbx doing this to you.  NO WOMAN should have to go through this torment.  Fight for what is rightfully yours. Your stbx has to own up to his financial responsiblities as a father.  Your emotional state is natural.  I cried for many months after my ex left me.  I invested 26 years of my life with my ex.  It's hard to just walk away from someone you loved and trusted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)