Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going to get my kids soon......question too

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:03 PM
  • 11 Replies

And I and ready but I always start to freak out because I do not want to see the stepmonster! IDK what to do. She has an restraning order on me, but I know she will be there to drop off the kids, and I do NOT think she should be allowed because they are NOT her kids! I have the right to be there NOT her! Why do I get so nervous when I go to pick them up?

This next wknd is his wknd because of the holiday and if he does not realize this or take them then do I have to send them the next wknd which is supossed to be my wknd becuase of the holiday? Because I do not want to! I am tired of playing nice when THEY ARE NOT!

"Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away."  

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RLSMOM59
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

i'm confused. Are you getting nervous because you are picking up the children at a designated spot? If she has a restraining order on you contact the ploice and have them meet you just to be safe. With the restraining order you would be in voilation when picking the children being so close to her.

Look at you parenting plan or divorce paperwork to see who is responsible for dropping off the children. If it says he has to them take him back to court ofr contempt. They are playing mind games but you have to be wiser. GL

nickiemyers
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:09 PM
It don't state specifically about dropping them off...and we meet at the police station now. And I have not been served my restraining order....I was told by the sherif department that she got another one. And I just hate seeing him as well as her!
tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I would think the RO wouldn't be in effect until you have been served.  I would go into the police station (get there early) and tell them of the situation and that you don't want to be in violation of anything.  Let them advise you or even walk the kids to you.

If she is there, do not engage.  She is invisible.

And if your ex misses his visitation, you do not have to give him your next weekend.  You can offer him make up time if you choose, but I doubt whether anything could force you if he didn't even notify you that he was missing.  What's your co say?

grneyedormom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Why was a restraining order granted against you? Sounds like she is just trying to cause issues by getting a TRO and then having it renewed and then coming along to the drop-offs.

As for next weekend being a holiday weekend, if it is set in the parenting plan that it would technically be his weekend, email him and remind his it's "his"weekend and if he chooses not to observe it, you have it in writing that he opted out.

Do you have an attorney? Maybe it's time to revisit parenting time with your attorney and find a way to fight said restraining order if it was issued with no cause.

Proud Momma to one terrific 3rd grader.

wearing crowngirl giving flower

FIREFOX1336
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:32 PM
A legal agreement about when you get your kids does t change because one party forgets it's their turn. You keep your kids on your turns just make sure if he doesn't show up that you call him and atleast give him a chance to fix himself or say he forgot and can't get out of plans he isforfieting his weekend willingly then
Montreatgrad
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:20 PM

In my opinion if he doesn't get them when it's his turn then he just loses that time.  Hope everything went okay with the exchange.

KeriAZ
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:45 PM
An RO isnt affective unless you are served. When you are you have a right to fight it. I got one against my ex but he got it dropped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nickiemyers
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:27 PM
It went good...I got pictures of her being their incase my attrny wants them, yes I have an attrny cause we r in a custody battle. Ever since I met her one time she caused things to blow up..literally right after I met her she started causing issues and she won't allow my ex and I to co parent. She is in for a lot of trouble tho...because of the false orders. I have no idea what prompted her to get one...we have zero communication.
ajjayok
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:37 AM

First of all, get a calendar to record every visit, contact, missed visit, etc. that concerns the kids.  If you can, take someone with you to be a witness.  If he misses a visit, too bad.  You do not need to contact him to remind him, nor do you need to give up your weekend so that he can make his up.  Tell him to refer back to his visitation papers- it should be stated in there.

grneyedormom
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this

In my state, when a TRO is granted, the other party has the opportunity to return to court to fight it. I suggest you do the same thing if it was granted based on false information.

Quoting nickiemyers:

It went good...I got pictures of her being their incase my attrny wants them, yes I have an attrny cause we r in a custody battle. Ever since I met her one time she caused things to blow up..literally right after I met her she started causing issues and she won't allow my ex and I to co parent. She is in for a lot of trouble tho...because of the false orders. I have no idea what prompted her to get one...we have zero communication.

Proud Momma to one terrific 3rd grader.

wearing crowngirl giving flower

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)