• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Visitation question

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:48 AM
  • 2 Replies
My stbx has visitation rights the first and third Saturday each month. He has not exercised his right since it was temporarily ordered in December. Therefore, what I'm about to ask may never be an issue but....his new gf is half his age. I've been doing research and found that she's a big partier. She drinks and flaunts her body. She attends rave parties, etc. You get the picture. My stbx has had alcohol and some drug issues in the past based on the friends he was currently around. When our daughter was 6 months old I found a small amount of pot in the truck he had been driving with her in it. Is it overstepping the boundaries to request a drug test if he ever decides to visit our daughter?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Not sure about that but if you haven't submitted everything to the courts to finalize your divorce you can request that no over night guests are permitted while he has overnights. But it goes both ways. This is what my papers say: Neither parent may have unrelated, adult, overnight guests during their parenting time unless the other parent is appropriately notified prior to the exchange of custody for parenting time and the relationship with the overnight guest has progressed to the point where serious consideration of marriage has been discussed and considered and appropriate notice has been given to the other parent concerning the significance of the relationship. Failure to provide notice of an unrelated adult overnight guest is grounds for forfeiture of the parenting time (per calendar day) of the offending parent and is enforceable immediately upon discovery.

Hope this part helps!

GraLauJon
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:05 AM

you can always request something. it is best to have proof, witnesses, pix, a conviction, etc.  whether it is granted is another story.  GL!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)