Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone having a long distance relationship and looking to relocate??

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:46 PM
  • 3 Replies

My fiance lives in Florida, Im in Connecticut.  Having a hard time making ends meet here.. oI n food stamps, energy assistance, and on a limited budget with brakes that need to have the brake pads replaced and new rotors put on.  Ive 4 kids.. 2 who live with their dad ( 15, and 17) and 2 who live with me (7 and 12 1/2)  .   EX now has his fiancee and her 2 girls living there (ages 15 and 18), I send the 2 who live with me to his house every other weekend and in the mornings I drop them off at 8 (or he picks them up) so that he can see them for a half hour each day.  Stupid of me I know!  I rea lllly  want a new life, want to pick up and move to Florida where living would be easier (fiance owns his house and stays home, doesnt neeed to work due to retirement and disability)  Has anyone here moved to start over with their kids?  How did it work out?   Im going to talk to legal aid about legal issues with this (nothing in divorce decree that says I can or cant move).. Help me someone please!!!!

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
chaosto4
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:44 PM

BUMP!

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Sorry you haven't heard anything back from anyone yet. All I know is my separation papers say that if I (the residential & legal parent) want to move I have to give notice to the courts so they can notify STBX so we can both sit down & figure out parenting time arrangements.

caytismom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM

my papers only said i had to give 30 days notice. he tried to say he wasn't notified, but i kep the note he wrote to his daughter confirming he knew we were moving.  during this time period we moved he didn't have contact with his daughter for a year and he lived 4 miles from us. instead of seeing her for xmas he sent a gift card with a note. asshole. i wish he had stayed gone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)