• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Postive Thoughts and Good Vibes Needed!!! - UPDATE

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:37 PM
  • 13 Replies

I need your help mamas!  My DD is going to have surgery on Thursday.  Tomorrow we have to go for her pre-op with the Dr.  My stbx will be there.  We haven't been in the same room with each other since August when we meet with our attorneys.  To make matters worse Friday will be the 1 year anniversary of him walking out on us. 

How am I going to sit in that tiny little room, deal with all that emotion, and pay attention to the Dr.?  It just seems overwhelming to me.  I didn't want a divorce and he's telling everyone how happy he is now.

If you could send positive thoughts and good vibes my way tomorrow afternoon I'd be forever grateful!

I did it mamas!  I did it!!  I survived sitting in the Dr. office with the stbx.  No tears, no anger, basically only felt a little nervous.  Thank for all the advice.  Your tips and support were very handy!  I just focused on my DD and acted like the idiot wasn't even there.  I think he was more uncomfortable than I was. 

smile

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GraLauJon
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

awww. it is hard. my stbx is sooo abusive and yet i have to go on with him at the same places b/c of the kids. it is really not easy so just remember to be kind to yourself - b/c he may not be.  i never know what my stbx is gonna pull. half the time he stands far away and doesnt look at me or talk to me, like we are total strangers. the next time he may say he feels sorry for me so that i get all messed up and start asking myself if something is wrong with me. another time he is all nice and generous and telling me we should be friends.  the best thing is to know who YOU are and where you are at and how you feel so the other person doesnt have that sway over you when you are together.

I dont know how your marriage went, but you know your stbx's personality. my stbx was always passive/aggressive with me. the best thing to do is to prepare yourself mentally for being around who he is.  but you dont have to really do anything. it is a weird feeling not being attached them thru stuff like this.  i wont lie. but it is what it is.  so we just gotta learn how to put our big girl panties on and deal.   i think with time it will get easier too. at least he will be there for your dd...and that is a good thing. let us know how it goes!

hddcooper
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Awwe. Sending good vibes and good luck. Focus on your daughter and try your best to remain calm and happy no matter how tough it is.
bighead
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Sending good vibes, hugs and support.
Be strong!
Montreatgrad
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Thanks friend! 

Quoting GraLauJon:

but it is what it is.  so we just gotta learn how to put our big girl panties on and deal.  

newbie1198
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

You and yours will be in my prayers.  Remember the best revenge is a well-lived life.  Stay strong Mama don't waste your energy on him and let him rattle you.

nickiemyers
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM
I am sorry....I highly doubt he is that happy...why does he need to make sure everyone knows? Hmmm get my drift!? Don't worry about him being in their I are there for ur daughter and no one else and screw him! I will pray for u all! It will be fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovingmyland
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

You will be in my prayers on Thursday.  Just get yourself prepared and focus ONLY on the dr.  I found it easier to just put all my energy into pretending my ex wasn't even in the room, not making eye contact, or looking "through" him.  Hope this helps  :-)

M4LG5
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

awww momma!!  HUGS and good luck!

Montreatgrad
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:33 PM

This helps a lot!!

Quoting Lovingmyland:

focus ONLY on the dr.  I found it easier to just put all my energy into pretending my ex wasn't even in the room, not making eye contact, or looking "through" him.  Hope this helps  :-)

GraLauJon
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:36 PM

when do you meet for the pre-op? let us know how it goes. I think y'all will be fine...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)