Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Free Legal Advice from Real Actual Lawyers!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:10 PM
  • 3 Replies
3 moms liked this
I just found this website and I really like it. I thought it might help some of you so I'm posting about it. I posted a legal question last night and got answers from 3 different attorneys today!
The articles on the site are actually good too because they factor into how the site rates the lawyers, so they don't just write drivel!
I'm not in anyway affiliated with this site...I just really like it!
It's avvo.com. It's not just legal advice either. Apparently you can rate doctors too, but I haven't checked that part out yet. Though I should I need a new pcp!
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
PhoenixG
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Thanks for sharing!

miss_AP
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't checked the site out yet....but as a legal professional I just want to warn you to be careful! The laws involved in divorce and separation and children and all of that are all state laws, and some counties even have specific local rules. Sites like this are good for some general information, but please be sure you are seeking out specific answers in your community...from legal aide, a lawyer friend, by reading the statutes,or hiring a lawyer. I just don't want anyone to get mislead! There is a reason lawyers have to be admitted to practice in a state and take their state bar exam!!

Anasallumeuse
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Great advice but I do believe the lawyers seem to stick to their state lines. I think it's a way for the ones on there to get business. But thanks for looking out for us. I think that's great!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)