Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

father isnt paying support

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:06 PM
  • 4 Replies

Im sure there are a lot of you out there that are dealing with this issue and its unfortunate.  I wish there were harshers laws to punish parents who dont fullfill their legal obligation.  My ex lives in NY but our order was done in IL.  now dont get me wrong, IL is a great state for enforcing support but its takes for ever and since hes out of state it takes that much longer.  I am currently starting a group to help expose these neglectful parents faster and bring more attention to this situation..

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KCayea
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:26 PM

well heres what it is and it sucks, they take there licence away, now he cant drive to a job o to look fo one, jail = no job=no money. it sucks all around

mhanding
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:28 PM
Yes it does but in my situation I if he's not going to pay anyway I would rather see him in jail since that's where he should be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:26 PM

My uncle was thrown in jail when he didn't pay! What made the family mad was that his ex tried to tell the courts that he was a drunk & he got banned formbeing at bars. Well he would be released on the weekends to go to work, but his trade was a bartender! So he couldn't go to a bar & work because he was in violation of a court order yet he had to work so he could pay support! Catch 22 there right!

RLSMOM59
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:53 PM

If you have a court order and know where he works, just fax it to his job. The company should do payroll deductions. My court order was sent to the wrong place so when I talked with them, they said fax it and that was all. If you do not have a court order, contact the CS agency to get the order in writing then fax it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)