Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm going nuts from my divorce

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 11:47 AM
  • 10 Replies
I don't understand this at all I field my divorce sept 16th last year still not final ..... my final hearing is oct. 17 I don't know what would be the reason y it don't go through .... But if it doesn't ima be freakin PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaNuney
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Hang in there...almost done!

hugs

tottaxi
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Why so long?  Does your state require a waiting period?  Do you have an attorney?  Has custody been resolved?

momsense2007
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Idk y so long there's no waiting period he just seems to find reasons y not to grant it and no I don't have an attorney that's probably y plus having kids so idk

Quoting tottaxi:

Why so long?  Does your state require a waiting period?  Do you have an attorney?  Has custody been resolved?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tottaxi
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:05 PM

So have you and stbx come to some sort of agreement for the custody and financial aspects?  Are you having the judge decide?  Does stbx have an attorney?

cara124
by Cara on Sep. 8, 2012 at 8:03 AM

not having an attorney might be why ... are you & the EX agreeing on everything ? child custody/visitations ect. ? or are you having the judge decide those things ? ...

momsense2007
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 4:52 PM
My stbx has nothing to do with any of its he's not showing up at any of the hearings so they ask me what I want and say ok

Quoting cara124:

not having an attorney might be why ... are you & the EX agreeing on everything ? child custody/visitations ect. ? or are you having the judge decide those things ? ...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tottaxi
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 5:45 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting momsense2007:

My stbx has nothing to do with any of its he's not showing up at any of the hearings so they ask me what I want and say ok

Quoting cara124:

Sweet!

miss_AP
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I'm sorry you are frustrated, but I'm sending you some luck for the 17th. That's my final hearing day too, and I'll get my judgment. Woohoo! Mine is a for sure, so I'll send you some of my mojo :)

momsense2007
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Awesome well thank u

Quoting miss_AP:

I'm sorry you are frustrated, but I'm sending you some luck for the 17th. That's my final hearing day too, and I'll get my judgment. Woohoo! Mine is a for sure, so I'll send you some of my mojo :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GraLauJon
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

i think its typical.   we started off with attys and got into debt b/c of it and fired them. they kept setting new court dates. we figured out they were making money off of us for just sitting in court not accomplishing anything. we are using a paralegal now. we've been told we dont have to step another foot in court again, as long as we agree. so that is what we are working on. hope to have fnal papers filed within a month and divorce signed off on and final by year end.  lets hope!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)