Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorce & Starting Over Divorce & Starting Over

Pissed this week UPDATE

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:51 AM
  • 6 Replies

Ok ladies need advice I had a Restraining Order against the EX for 3yrs to keep him away from schools, jobs, house ect..... he violated it once and went to jail over it had to pay a big ass fine ect... well it expired in August and I thought he learned a lesson but he has shown up at my house 4  times this week .... Not to pick up the kids but to " TELL " me something.... the last time I refused to talk to him told him I was busy and shut the door. I watch for about 10minutes until he drove away ( I was on the verge of calling someone ).... Ok this is where the advice comes in do A ) file a new restraining order or B ) just call the police when he shows up at my house ( I hate to do this one when the kids around ) ... I really need the advice ladies this is seriously pissing me off....

UPDATE 10/ 4 / 2012

Ok ladies, I have to say you have great advice and I'm going to follow through on getting the new RO because I came home from work yesterday and he was SITTING IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE !!!!! ...... I didn't stop I just keep driving and went to my parents house ,Stayed for 3hrs had dinner and then came home.... Ok I've had enough I'm going to call my attorney at lunch time today and get the new RO started ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tottaxi
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I vote for a new restraining order. 

Document this stuff and call the police next time.  Try to get him into a DV class as part of the RO.

MereMcM
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:59 AM

You get a new restraining order...he obviously does not learn from prior mishaps and if you called the police when he got there, he could potentially leave the scene before they get there.  I'd want it documented!  I'd also make sure you have a security system...and/or a dog!!  My dog barks at anyone that comes knocking...but would NEVER hurt me or my daughter...but the person on the other side of the door does not know that!

GraLauJon
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:39 PM

good advice you got. and i totally understand not wanting to freak out the kids.  he obviously stays away with the R.O in place.  just go get it done.  BTW, we love our guard dog. 

brandi_lou
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Definitely file a new RO. Obviously it's the only way he will stop harrassing you. 

cara124
by Cara on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:57 AM

the court " Recommended " parenting / anger management class while we were going through our divorce/ custody ..... He never went ... told the court he felt he didn't need them .... so I did when 100% custody both physical & legal because he didn't follow through on court order stuff .....

Quoting tottaxi:

I vote for a new restraining order. 

Document this stuff and call the police next time.  Try to get him into a DV class as part of the RO.

cara124
by Cara on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I did have an alarm system put in right after the divorce started ( adt ) even have a "panic" button on my key chain that is connected to the house alarm system .... and I have security screens on the front & back doors with dead bolt looks...

Quoting MereMcM:

You get a new restraining order...he obviously does not learn from prior mishaps and if you called the police when he got there, he could potentially leave the scene before they get there.  I'd want it documented!  I'd also make sure you have a security system...and/or a dog!!  My dog barks at anyone that comes knocking...but would NEVER hurt me or my daughter...but the person on the other side of the door does not know that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)