Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorce & Starting Over Divorce & Starting Over

My ex is spreading lies!

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:28 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have been hearing a lot lately about lies that my ex is telling about me! He is lying to his family about just about everything, he is lying to friends, he is just lying to everyone and doing his absolute best to turn everyone against me and make himself look better! I am so sick of this!! I just don't know what to do about it!

Hugs, Brandi

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KyliesMom5
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I know it sucks! My ex-husband lies about everything and I can only imagine what he must have said during our divorce and even now. But during the divorce as hard as it could be at times I just sat back and waited because he ended up looking like an idiot because those lies came back to bite him.

MereMcM
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:25 PM

This is so annoying, I agree.  My ex told our friends (all were my friends first) that i just decided one day that I didn't want to spend time with him anymore and he wasn't sure what happened with why i was behaving that way...and that when his mom would watch our daugher one night, I'd prefer to do something with a friend and not him...um...when my friends actually told me that, I told them...'if YOU actually believed HIM...then you need to figure out whether YOU trust ME...because that was HIS version of the story...not MINE...he cheated on me...I wanted to be away from him and alone or with a friend to sort things out without him.'  If these are his friends...just ignore it...if you know you are totally secure with your situation, forget about them...if they pick his side over yours...so be it...they aren't your friends then...and use your support system that you have and of course, vent...cry, be upset...but use YOUR friends and family and drop the others.  My ex didn't even tell his parents what he did...they think the same thing...i just woke up one day and decided i didn't want to be married i'd like to get a divorce and split up our family...um...yeah...right...just keep pushing me "ex-inlaws" and i might just snap and tell you the truth... :-)

GraLauJon
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM

my stbx's Ex SIL heard an earful from him and came back and told me, "he is a good liar.'" if she hadnt been keeping in touch with me she would not have known the whole story.  she is tough, too.  not gullible at all.  and she has known their family since jr high school. so she knows what he is like. but she was starting to feel sorry for him. lol

my stbx lies to everyone.  and gets sympathy from anyone who will listen.  i have had ppl who know us tell me that he seems to be like a sociopath.  i dont know what to do but every once in a while i lay into him and then he cowers.  doesnt stop him though. just ignore what you can.

alkbco
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Do nothingits the best way. Hes just trying to get a rise out of you. My ex is telling ppl I busted the windows out of his car which is ridiculous im not a angry person by nature and i wouldnt embarass myself by acting like that. And he says i cheated on him and the kids arent his. which is so not true but he was cheating on me the entire time. and saying im keeping the kids from hom which now is yes true but for three months i begged him to come see them spend time w them he showed up twice and instead of seeing them harassed me the entire time and then started stalking me so i got a restraining order. If u know the truth and the important ppl to YOU know the truth then screw him and his bs

Akeso
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:36 AM

"my stbx's Ex SIL heard an earful from him and came back and told me, "he is a good liar.'" if she hadnt been keeping in touch with me she would not have known the whole story." - and that is the key. My STBX isolated me from friends and family well before he actually created the perfect conditions (and excuse) for his exit. I am not in contact with them at all. He has made sure of that. He can tell them whatever he wants and of course they will believe him, and make himself out to be the victim as well. These curb-crawlers need vulnerable people to make scapegoats out of because they can't fault themselves or their crazy "loved ones" - the ones they are counting on for support. I have heard conflicting advice: ignore it, or else tell everyone about the abuse. If you're a woman of faith, you have to have faith - the truth will out, what goes around comes around, or at least if not in this life, they'll get their just desserts in the next. You are not alone, that's for sure!

GraLauJon
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Quoting Akeso:

"my stbx's Ex SIL heard an earful from him and came back and told me, "he is a good liar.'" if she hadnt been keeping in touch with me she would not have known the whole story." - and that is the key. My STBX isolated me from friends and family well before he actually created the perfect conditions (and excuse) for his exit. I am not in contact with them at all. He has made sure of that. He can tell them whatever he wants and of course they will believe him, and make himself out to be the victim as well. These curb-crawlers need vulnerable people to make scapegoats out of because they can't fault themselves or their crazy "loved ones" - the ones they are counting on for support. I have heard conflicting advice: ignore it, or else tell everyone about the abuse. If you're a woman of faith, you have to have faith - the truth will out, what goes around comes around, or at least if not in this life, they'll get their just desserts in the next. You are not alone, that's for sure!

oh yeah, my stbx would tell ppl at work horrible things about me (they did not know me from Adam, i never met them): #1 - it validated his behavior b/c of course they took his "side" and #2 - he played on the sympathies of other women. that's how he'd bag his babes.  

Yes, they are predators.  i started noticing when we would go places (like to the zoo as a family, etc) he would scope out other women.  at first it was insulting b/c he was expending his energy on that instead of on me and the kids. then i realized he was actually sorting thru who he could attract. they say its typical of assaulters.

my stbx would tell me for a long time "i hope everything you've done will come back on you."  my family and friends would say "good, it should."  but that goes for him too.  ick.  i dont have room for that kind of evil negativity in my life anymore.  so i just be done with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)