Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorce & Starting Over Divorce & Starting Over

Need some help

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:02 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm leaving my husband in a few weeks. We currently live in Kansas and I'm moving to Missouri. He doesn't care about me taking the kids to another state. My question is should I file for divorce here or in Missouri? You have to be a resident of Missouri for 3 months I think before you can file. Should I Just get a legal separation? I'm confused. What process do I take to get child support and all that? Thanks. Sorry if this is kind of all over the place. Hopefully it makes sense.

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tottaxi
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Look up the divorce laws in Kansas and compare them to Missouri's.  I would say that if Missouri is more favorable, that would be where to file so that when issues occur in the future it will be easier for you to go to court.  He will have to travel.  Better him than you.

KeriAZ
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:23 PM
I agree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cara124
by Cara on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Get something from him that says he knows your moving the kids to a new state so he cat get you for parental kidnapping
Zainie
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:55 PM
I would look in the laws for both states. You may benefit from one area more then the other. As well think about the fact that he could make u come back to the state because of the kids Make sure you get advice from a lawyer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)