Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorce & Starting Over Divorce & Starting Over

He's crying for Daddy! :(

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:27 PM
  • 2 Replies

Our 3yo DS is in his room taking a nap right now. I know he is asleep still but he is in there crying & saying "Daddy". Last night Daddy came over to visit & to help move some furniture for me. DS didn't want Daddy to leave when it was time. He told Daddy he wanted him to stay here. Daddy told him he had to go home & go to bed because he had to get up & go to work in the morning (which is true). DS told him "no you sleep here".

I know it's just a phase, right? I mean ex never lived with us before or after I had DS. We separated when our 4th child was 3- so 6 years ago! So DS is not use to Daddy being here all the time.

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
GraLauJon
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:13 PM

its hard on them. my 10 yr old is going thru the same. and we separted when she was 3.  she is now skyping her dad and that helps her alot.

RLSMOM59
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this

You and your ex are sending conflicting messages to the children. I know you are trying to remain friend which is great but you have to let go for the sake of the children. When you need something done ask someone else or hire a handy man. You also should get your child into counseling to help him deal with his issue. for visitation, dad need to take them to a neutral location or his place. Just my opinion though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN