Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorce & Starting Over Divorce & Starting Over

Something to laugh about...

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:57 PM
  • 11 Replies

Well, I auditioned for a Christmas Carol (live theater) because this is my youngest daughter last year.  During the audition, I forgot the words (only had to memorize about 20), sung off, off key and it was just awful. Anyway, I made it (been working front of house for 10 years) and the director knows me coming out is way out of my comfort zone.

Fast forward to today because I made the cast. Now they have a person who cannot hold a tune nor remember words trying to tap dance. Yes tap dance!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I had to learn a dance in about 10 minutes. Of course my daughter picks it up in not time flat and I am just crying. Now it wouldn't be so bad but they know I can't  keep a beat let alone dance.

Why can't there be a rock in this production???????????????

Just a side note....not all Black people can dance :-)

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raegan1221
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Lol..aww, I'm sorry:(. I would cringe if I did something like that...I can't sing, dance..anything. But I think it's AWESOME you're doing this for your daughter.

RLSMOM59
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Because it is for my daughter they let me in the show.  

Quoting raegan1221:

Lol..aww, I'm sorry:(. I would cringe if I did something like that...I can't sing, dance..anything. But I think it's AWESOME you're doing this for your daughter.

raegan1221
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Well hang in there! Everyday is a new day:).

Quoting RLSMOM59:

Because it is for my daughter they let me in the show.  

Quoting raegan1221:

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
GraLauJon
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:32 AM

it sounds fun and i am sure you will remember this for years to come. glad you are doing it.

RLSMOM59
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 9:22 AM

All I have to say is I slept good last night :-0

MereMcM
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Hey...use it as a way to feel more secure in uncomfortable situations, lol...I'm sure it's weird to be doing something like that but I think it's great that you went ahead and did it and your daughter is in it too.  It will be something to talk about for years to come :)

cara124
by Cara on Oct. 19, 2012 at 9:34 AM

clapping I applaud you for this because its not something that I would ever be comfortable doing !

RLSMOM59
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I got my part yesterday...I'm a poor person. No shocker there! Thanks for all the encouragement.

RLSMOM59
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Update...

Opening Night was last night and I heard everything was wonderful. I only missed one cue (sigh) but managed to get everything else right. I only move my mouth so I don't throw all the singers off key. I hope to add a picture as soon as I get them. Thanks for the encouragment. Time to go back for 2 shows today then only 10 more to go :-)

Akeso
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Oh WOW RLSMOM!! Go go go!! I know this is a public site but what I wouldn't do to see you TAP DANCING!! LOL. That sounds like such a laugh, and you sound like you're really doing well, taking it in stride. I'd be totally flustered up there but remember that Brady Bunch - just picture the audience in their underwear...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)