• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well...I am broke.

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:23 PM
  • 7 Replies
This divorce will not be final until the end of January! I am basically living paycheck to paycheck. Plus CS. But that's still not enough to keep me above water.

I am so depressed about it right now...and have no idea what I am going to do.

Frustrating because STBX has all the money and assets. Taking a 5 day trip to Florida at the end of month with gf, the girls, and gf's family! Must be nice to have a second income too with gf!

Just isn't fair! Ok...rant done!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
GraLauJon
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:02 PM

i know. it stinks. i am going to see if i can do an IHS job...in home health care worker. some ppl are very flexible and let you work at your will for them.  Maybe you can look into that? 

MommaNuney
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:20 PM
I have been trying to get a part time job along with the full-time one I have already...no luck. I just want to get this finalized, get my settlement and start my life again!
RLSMOM59
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I understand the frustration but you are looking at the material items. I have done the same thing only to realize that my children need love and support more than they need material things. They need the hugs, the praises, and knowing I will be there for them. Because you two are still married, he is going to have to report all the trips, money, etc. Just make sure yiu request ALL finacial information for the last 5 years. Do you have a temp agreement that states he can take the children out of state without your permission?

MommaNuney
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:24 PM
I gave him permission only because he told the girls they were going before asking me. Me saying no would have made me be the bad guy. Definitely going to put it in the final agreement that he has to discuss those kinds of things with me first before telling them. He won't be happy about and will say "I can do whatever I want." Which is true but when it involves the kids with something big like that, it's not the case. Nit trying to control what he does just not letting him do whatever with the kids.

Quoting RLSMOM59:

I understand the frustration but you are looking at the material items. I have done the same thing only to realize that my children need love and support more than they need material things. They need the hugs, the praises, and knowing I will be there for them. Because you two are still married, he is going to have to report all the trips, money, etc. Just make sure yiu request ALL finacial information for the last 5 years. Do you have a temp agreement that states he can take the children out of state without your permission?

cholita1978
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Is gonna get better momma, back in 08 when I got separated I thought I wasn't going to make ends meet, but little by little my luck changed, now I'm not rich but I live comfortably with my dd
MommaNuney
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:22 AM

I don't even think I will be able to pay rent at the end of the month. Don't know if I can ask my landlord for an exception and explain my situation and let him know that this should be the only time because the divorce will be final soon. Once the divorce is final, I can make up the month missed.  I don't want him to evict me though. :-(

GraLauJon
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

i just told someone about another mom on here referring me to chacha .com  b/c you can do that from home and the mom said it kept her from getting her utilities from being turned off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)