Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorce & Starting Over Divorce & Starting Over

hi im new

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:49 PM
  • 7 Replies
Hi ladies im new to this group. Im apart of a few other single moms. But I just on Friday filed for divorced. We haven't been together for 6 months. But we were support to be working on our marriage but I guess I was wrong when I saw him on Facebook with another girl. My question is how did you deal with the stress of your divorce. I can barely eat my stomach is completely messed up. And I don't know what to do. And how did you move on. What help you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mommyRojo
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Welcome! I know the feeling. I am divorced 4yrs now. I talked about it a lot. I was with friends, always talking, just tom get out a lot of feelings etc. that really helped me. I also did a lot of yoga, tried to be really healthy and feel good about myself physically. 

Good luck, make sure to turn to cafemom mom and this group.  There are a lot of wonderful, strong, independent women here! 

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Once I decide I wanted a divorce, I got everything together, I got myself together. I though about how ideally I would share custody of our son, what I wanted out of our divorce ( ie the apartment we owned together and other properties, what I expected from him as far as child support, medical insurance details, everything I could think of) and I also got a therapist.  My divorce was amiciable one, he gave me everything I asked for and he paid my attorney's fee and it was all over in a couple of weeks and I only saw him twice during the divorce process. But it took me months to deal with divorcing, the reasons I divorced and feeling like I was "over" him. I also took up yoga and exercising as a way to relieve stress, I went to therapy once a week to deal with my shit emotionally, after about a year I felt great. I think the main thing is you plan everything in regards to your divorce and think everything through and remember to take care of yourself, you are important as well.

jmoore10
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:59 PM
I have everything figured out. But in reality I didn't want the divorce he did. I want my family together but that's not going to happen. But I do have a question. I got my court date today but when do a make the mediation date. After he is served and he response to the court. Im so confused on the hole process. I am very stress. I know this might get ugly so I have already made appt to see therapist to start learning how to deal with everything. I still wet much love my husband which is why this is so hard for me and why I did decided to start seeing the therapist
cholita1978
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Family is very important too, is your family near? Mine helped me alot, you might not be over him, but obviously he is so now focus on your kids and what you want, good luck girl
jmoore10
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Yes my family is near. I live with my mom and dad. They help a lot. But I wanna know how to move on. What helped you ladies move on
jmoore10
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:01 AM
No, no relationship. I know im not ready for that. But like moving on knowing my husband isn't coming back. Because in my heart I still have hope and faith that he will. So how do I move past that.
cholita1978
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Thats going take time, try and keep busy can you take classes?, go on mini road trips with your kids, dd and i have been to different places in upstate NY, Boston, Vermont you don't have to have lots of money for that.
I'm still single and haven't even tried to go into a new relationship, its been 3years since my divorced, but my x husband he moved on pretty quickly, he was living with a woman one month after our separation, it hurt at the beginning but i decided to stop worrying about what he does, is his life. I also keep all contact to a minimum.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN