Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorce & Starting Over Divorce & Starting Over

New To Cafe Mom--Looking for Advice

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM
  • 4 Replies

Good Afternoon,

I'm Kris...mom of 4 great kids. Two are adults who are out on their own, two are minors

Recently had my divorce finalized after 3 years of going back and forth.  My minor children live with their father; and I am looking for advice on how to re-connect with them.

Looking for other moms in a similar situation.

Thanks

Kris

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tottaxi
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Welcome, Kris!  Interesting avatar...are you a roller derby skater?  Picture is tiny and I can't really see what you are holding...

Tell us a bit more about how dad ended up with the kids, their ages, etc.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Welcome Kris.  My kids live with me, rather than their dad and he has a hard time reconnecting at times because he lives so far away.  Maybe moms in the Single Moms group will have some advice for you.

patnic
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Are there any classes you could take together?  Like family karate or something like that?  What are your children interested in?  Maybe plan a trip together?  Start saving together, pick out hotels, pick out the best pools, etc...

zebra556
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Welcome Kris. hope we can be of help. I might start with short visits with all four as well as one on one;going to family friendly restaurants or ice cream. It help to know the ages to give specific suggestions. Currently I am trying to help a friend with 3 kids. The two boys connect with her, the 9 yr old DD does not. Seems her DD does not like to go anywhere with her. I suggested going to a spot her DD likes and take one of DD's friends.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN