Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg..

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:57 PM
  • 10 Replies
Yeah, I'm having an "Oh my god" moment. I finally got to see my exhusbands girlfriend with my son and I was shocked at how good she is with him. She thanked me for allowing her to be involved with his birthday and the trip to the museum. I think I dislike her a little less. Hmm..I now need to rethink my whole idea on not wanting to share my son with another woman. She told me that she will never be his mom but she would like to be an authority figure in his life. Shit. I feel like I should still hate her to her very soul but I find myself not wanting to anymore. My kid adores her, she's great with him, she respects me as his mom and honestly she can have my ex.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Akeso
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Oh. Well I think you're going to be one of the lucky ones then! Enough of drama, so that's good news, anything to make life easier for you.

StormWitch
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Grr...
Cenedra64
by Loria on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Wow..i guess thats good. So many women are horrible. My exes new gal wants everything taken from my kids. Her kids are focus of his life and im positive she convinced him not to pay cs. I think he failed to inform this woman im a redhead irish woman...when she emailed my dd complaining she had to work two jobs while ex was in icu. Im smart read between lines. She cant get death benefits. So sorry! It all comes to me when he dies. 1 million dollars
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zebra556
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:42 AM
The death benefits go to you/ your kids because they are not married? Or is this the insurance for the kids?
Cenedra64
by Loria on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Hes a disabled vet. Death benefits go to the kids. Doesnt matter if he ever remarries

Quoting zebra556:

The death benefits go to you/ your kids because they are not married? Or is this the insurance for the kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
I_M_Blessed
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that's very good news for you and your son.  Asking her to be part of your son's party was very brave and mature of you.  You being able to get along with her will take loads of stress off your son as he gets older (if your ex and his new girl friend stay together).  Yes, and let her have your sloppy left-overs of a husband!  All of your feelings are very natural and especially helpful in letting go and move on. 

StormWitch
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
What hurts right now is that dads house is the fun house. They go to the toy store whenever and all this other stuff I simply can't afford to do. I think that will change this summer though. I live near the lake and we have beaches to go dig deep holes in! And a playground and pool at my apartment.
Cenedra64
by Loria on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:54 AM
You know my ex used to get the kids expensive gifts. What my girls remember is good times. Time spent with. Nothing compares to that

Quoting StormWitch:

What hurts right now is that dads house is the fun house. They go to the toy store whenever and all this other stuff I simply can't afford to do. I think that will change this summer though. I live near the lake and we have beaches to go dig deep holes in! And a playground and pool at my apartment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
songbird2716
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:54 PM
I was hopeful that my ex would find someone who would treat my kids well, that they would have someone else who loved them unconditionally. Unfortunately my ex has retreated from their lives over the last year, so even tho he has a new girlfriend, neither of them are a part of my kids' lives.
On the other hand, I am seeing someone who has 2 kids. His daughter's mom is very much a part of the family. We got to meet the week before last and it was great. I almost look at her as a sister-in-law. They are very much a parenting team, and she if she has any reservations about me joining that team, she hadn't voiced them or made me feel unwelcome in anyway. I couldn't be happier with the situation. ds's mom is another story entirely, but I hope that she too will realize that I love her son as if he were my own and only want what's best for him (it's the convincing her that what's best for her son should be her priority that's the hard part).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StormWitch
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
So I guess my son IS one lucky little boy to have such a great new family dynamic. Changes the way I look at everything. And let's more negativity out of my life as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)