Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ex update

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 12 Replies
He called me last night. I stopped taking his calls but last night I answered. He told me he found a job and he is starting tomorrow. That he will make $15 an hour. I remembered back when we were living together he told me because I have my associates I will make more than him. I couldn't help it and I said something about it!

I don't make that amount and in my next job I'm not sure if I will. I can only hope to finish my bachelors soon enough!

He said he will be sending me money with his first pay check. He also told me that his passport had been cancel and his drivers license. That he had a driving job but was unable to get it because of that. I was very surprised or that some things are still moving. He owes me 2k, buy claims he will give me more as soon as he can. That he feels good knowing that he can help again
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cenedra64
by Loria on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Is he usually honest about what he will do? That would be nice if he does all that. Some men try and thats a good credit to them. I used to always make more than my ex. I make good now if we didnt have shutdowns due to weather...grrrrr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flika
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM
He used to but with the drug use things changed a lot. He sounds much better but I've been fooled before. I won't believe until I see it for myself.

Quoting Cenedra64:

Is he usually honest about what he will do? That would be nice if he does all that. Some men try and thats a good credit to them. I used to always make more than my ex. I make good now if we didnt have shutdowns due to weather...grrrrr
Cenedra64
by Loria on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Ah ok. What i figured. Well lets hope he aint playing tom foolery
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Kay on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Lucky you!  My ex actually told our teenage daughter that he 'promised' to make-up for all the money he still owed me and her.  He said that his new wife (the mistress) was going to get a settlement agreement due to her botched surgery last May.  Well, this was back in July of last year.  FF to December and my ex still hasn't paid a dime.  He then told our daughter (before his b-day) that he wants to work an arrangement out with me regarding the $2k he still owed me (he is in contempt of court for that) and the money we are back owed.  FF to today and we both have not been paid one dime.  My ex hasn't even notified my atty of his 'arrangements' nor has he even notified my atty of any financial restitution.  It's a good thing we have a court date set next month otherwise I would be still waiting with bated breath for the loser to pay us.

tottaxi
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:44 PM

What is your next hearing for, steviechick?  Since he was found guilty of contempt and still hasn't paid will he be looking at some jail time?

Thank you for not "liking" or quoting my posts or replies.  I do not wish to appear on your profile page or be linked to this group through an internet search engine any more than necessary.  Taxi

steviechick
by Kay on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:25 PM

It's set for a few weeks from now.  Once the contempt of court was filed (last July) my ex quickly filed for Chap 7.  That didn't work though as you can't discharge a divorce settlement.  My ex tried to be slick but found out he couldn't.   It's taken this long for his Chap 7 to clear the bankrupty court (Oct) and my atty to file for a 2nd CC and the family court to give me a date for my hearing.  Even though my ex has had 8 months of enjoying his freedom from paying me and my daughter, he will be screwed by the end of the hearing.  We are requesting 14 days for the $2k to be paid or jail time, added interest for the past 8 months, and of course, the back owed money from the past 8 months.  So, my ex is screwed in a few weeks.    He should know this by now.  But, he's always ignored his financial obligations. 

Thanks for asking Taxi AND great memory!   ; )

tottaxi
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:17 PM

LOL!  I tend to remember the people who are traveling the same bumpy road that I am.  Yours was the first contempt case I read about and I stored that away for future reference :)

Thank you for not "liking" or quoting my posts or replies.  I do not wish to appear on your profile page or be linked to this group through an internet search engine any more than necessary.  Taxi

flika
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:19 PM
It's been 2 weeks and I text my ex this morning asking to help me as he said he finally would. It's 420 pm. I'm still waiting for his reply! It was too good to be true!

Quoting steviechick:

Lucky you!  My ex actually told our teenage daughter that he 'promised' to make-up for all the money he still owed me and her.  He said that his new wife (the mistress) was going to get a settlement agreement due to her botched surgery last May.  Well, this was back in July of last year.  FF to December and my ex still hasn't paid a dime.  He then told our daughter (before his b-day) that he wants to work an arrangement out with me regarding the $2k he still owed me (he is in contempt of court for that) and the money we are back owed.  FF to today and we both have not been paid one dime.  My ex hasn't even notified my atty of his 'arrangements' nor has he even notified my atty of any financial restitution.  It's a good thing we have a court date set next month otherwise I would be still waiting with bated breath for the loser to pay us.

just4ds10ee
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I hear ya... my ex has been telling me since Nov 2010 when his personal injury settlement finally settled I would be the first on he paid IN FULL for the arrears he has accumulated.... well according to his ex GF , he told her the case finally settled September 2012.... guess  who has not heard from him or received ONE THIN DIME?? with arrears now totalling $13,000?

tottaxi
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Quoting just4ds10ee:

I hear ya... my ex has been telling me since Nov 2010 when his personal injury settlement finally settled I would be the first on he paid IN FULL for the arrears he has accumulated.... well according to his ex GF , he told her the case finally settled September 2012.... guess  who has not heard from him or received ONE THIN DIME?? with arrears now totalling $13,000?

Have you filed contempt charges, just4ds?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)