Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorce & Starting Over Divorce & Starting Over

Would you date or marry somebody

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:50 AM
  • 18 Replies

who did not have a drivers license?

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ecoseem
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:24 PM

That's a toughie.  I'd like to say "Sure, it doesn't matter if you're in love!"  but the x didn't have one, and now I question what the real reason is behind them not having one.  I guess it depends on the how, why, and how seriously they take it.  X just saw it as a reason to drive completely wasted off of his *ss cuz if he got caught, he was going to jail anyway.

redheadstar
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

My ex never had one either, it sucked because I did all the driving, however its nice to be with somebody that does.

steviechick
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I would question why he lost his.  Everyone needs some type of ID and you also need a drivers license to be able to drive.  How does he get around? 

tottaxi
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Been there, done that and certainly don't recommend it.

Cenedra64
by Loria on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Yep been there done that too. Was married to a guy who drove on suspended liscence. Not for dui but stupid stupid stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redheadstar
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

The problem was my ex never had a license, he lives in a big city where metro-transit is plentiful, however I moved to the burbs where you need a car.

mysticgrl
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Been there done that 2.  I vowed the next guy Im interested in better have valid drivers license.  Its amazing how many men don't have 1!

Pink.Sunshine
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I live in NYC so yes. I don't even have one. Driving is a luxury here.

Akeso
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:38 PM

My STBX doesn't have one. Didn't bother me at first, did by the end. Shows something when they all have that in common, so maybe take that as your answer! (except if you live in NYC, in that case the rules are different I guess!)

just4ds10ee
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I guess it depends on where u live say for instance I know lots of people who live in NYC who do not have one but as for my situation and where I live I would not date much less marry anyone who does not have one as well as have their own transportation. I drive to work one hour commute Monday thru Friday so it would just bug me to have to pick up and take someone home all the damn time...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN