Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorce & Starting Over Divorce & Starting Over

Would you date or marry somebody

Posted by   + Show Post

who did not have a drivers license?

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Replies (11-18):
littlemomma84
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Yep. I did. But he has them now.

iamadramamomma
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:17 AM

For myself only I wouldn't. Too much of a hassle.

Akeso
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Apart from the NYC thing it shows something about someone's character. Getting your licence is a basic, and usually early, accomplishment in life. If they don't have that... pfft.

soleikitty
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:13 AM

Depends on the reason. I honestly don't care if someone has a car or not. To me they are  waste of money. HOWEVER if someone got their liscensed suspended I would be finding out what was the reasoning. DUI, child support, etc. Than I would ditch them if it was something like that as it shows no responsibilty. 

soleikitty
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:14 AM
and I would for SURE not shuttle his butt all over.
soleikitty
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:15 AM

My brother hasn't driven ever he is a wonderful guy very responsbile. He does have an ID though

soleikitty
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:17 AM

I also with a total loser at one point that didn't drive but big suprise child support issues, dui, reckless driving i found out and he never found alternative modes of transporation jst bumming rides of people he wouldn't even use his own two feet. Of course I didn't help with that either. Slaps myself. lol

miss_AP
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Hmm, maybe in a different situation. Where we live there is very little public transportation and its too cold a good chunk of the year to walk, and things are way too spread out for walking or biking to always be an option. Sometimes, but not always. I would love to bike to work....but its physically not feasible with the times I can drop kids off and the start time to work. Also why I don't ride the bus. Its not possible.

I would love to be a 1-car household though if it could be done, so no DL wouldn't be so bad as long as they hadn't had it taken away. If they just let it expire, or chose not to get one, or didn't like to drive, no biggie. I would prefer they have one and just choose not to use it, though, there are times when I've been unable to drive and I would like my partner to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)