Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just need to talk

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM
  • 4 Replies
Im so exhausted. And just need to spill my guts for a minute.

My job is getting to me. I ding make enough, I work multiple shifts and am being called what feels like everyday to pick up more shifts. My client runs me to the ground and treats all us staff like shit.

My soon to be ex husband's house insurance (I left him the house) keeps coming out Of my account and he won't respond to my texts about getting refunded. His cable also comes out of my account which I'm paying half if to pay him back for my CNA classes (which legally I don't have to pay him back) yet he's not giving me his half.

I'm a single mom if a 15 month old which is a full time exhausting job in itself.

I've been working on buying a house for months now and it's just so time consuming, expensive, and there's so many set backs I'm not sure how much more I can take but renting is killing my funds.

Seems everytime I turn around they want to shut off my electric or my medical bills are threatening collection agencies.

It is just so hard going through s divorce and trying to keep it all from falling apart while trying to rebuild everything that was once together.

I just had to get it out somewhere because I'm so drained from the stress build up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mygirls2012
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi sorry you are going thru this my advise is call the insurance company and cable and tell them these are his bills and call or go to your bank and have them refuse the payments. Is there any court order ordering you to pay these? If not I would again refuse the payments heck id close out that account and open another one somewhere eles. Are you going for child support and alimony? I hear you about rebuilding yourself I also am recently divorced and desparatly looking for a job, I moved from CT to NC (Yes best move ) but I had a decent job there that I left, even though it was expensive to live there I miss my job and the money. I would also call the electric company and see if they have a budget plan so you pay a certain set amount everry month. and Medical bills you can only pay what you can I would also fill out paperwork for payments. Good luck and Im here for you if you need to chat!!

Cafe AmyS
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

hugs  Welcome to the group.  I'm sorry things have been so stressful lately.  I hope that they calm down soon.

Mom_2_be2008
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I know what you mean about financial difficulties.. right there with you :( There really are not a lot of resources available to single, newly divorced moms and there really should be. I am barely making ends meet because of the cost of daycare. I work two part time jobs because working my main job full time would cost me way too much in daycare and I can't get any assistance for it... Hopefully things get easier. I know renting is so ridiculously expensive yet it's hard to get into a house these days... definitely not an easy time to be a single mom that is for sure!

tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Apr. 11, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I recently was able to refinance my home.  It is such a relief not being tied to ex anymore!!!  At least financially...there's always our child, but that's a whole other story :(

Slow and steady wins the race.  Getting your stbx off all your accounts is key, so make sure shut off his cable.  And don't pay him back for your classes.  He's not concerned with your financial condition, so why take the high road on those fees?  Look out for your own interests...maybe for the first time ever.  It's allowed :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)