Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i have some news

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:28 PM
  • 9 Replies
After bring on hold for 45 mins the lady from cs enforcement agency answer and told me they have sent a notice to my xh employer about his wages. Finally one step forward! Now I hope he doesn't quit so he doesn't have to pay.

On other news, I'm feeling uncomfortable around my new boss. He told me he bought tickets to go see smashing pumpkins in may. One for me. I mean I'm flattered but I don't care to go with him. On Sunday he called me at 10am and asked for my home address and assays he was coming to get me to go see the car show. I said I was getting ready for work. He said it was better if I take Sundays off.

This is so messed up! I recently applied at Costco. They pay better. I hope to get it.

I need to get out of the car business for ever!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

good news about the CS..and oh no about your Employer. IMO he is crossing the line. You'd better correct him before it goes to far and I suggest you document every call, statement etc. from him to you and vice versa. 

Akeso
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Flika!!! My goodness you have your dramas! LOL. I'd say be up front but kind. You don't want to hurt his ego when he's still your boss. Good luck with the costco job!

flika
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:33 AM
Akeeso when I was writing this it's exactly how I felt! So much drama! But why? It's like never ending Agh!

Quoting Akeso:

Flika!!! My goodness you have your dramas! LOL. I'd say be up front but kind. You don't want to hurt his ego when he's still your boss. Good luck with the costco job!

flika
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:36 AM
I'm not sure how to document this kind of things. A few weeks ago he texted me good night I never reply and I never due unless it's job related.

The text I think I erased them. I'm going to look and see if I have them

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

good news about the CS..and oh no about your Employer. IMO he is crossing the line. You'd better correct him before it goes to far and I suggest you document every call, statement etc. from him to you and vice versa. 

tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Keep all texts or emails from your boss.  You have the start of a sexual harassment case.

Is there an HR person at the dealership?  Talk with them about company policies.  When he invites you to stuff be sure to mention it to your co-workers..."Are you going to the blah, blah, blah?"  And also ask them if they have been told to take Sundays off.  Out him by playing dumb.  You're new.  You can ask questions and even do it when the boss is with you and another employee to expose his behavior.  When he realizes you are not going to keep his bs under the table he will probably knock it off.

flika
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:59 AM
They all know he likes me. The other day I caught 2 coworkers talking saying something about him and me. I felt so uncomfortable. The one guy later said it's sad really. But I didn't confront them.

Quoting tottaxi:

Keep all texts or emails from your boss.  You have the start of a sexual harassment case.

Is there an HR person at the dealership?  Talk with them about company policies.  When he invites you to stuff be sure to mention it to your co-workers..."Are you going to the blah, blah, blah?"  And also ask them if they have been told to take Sundays off.  Out him by playing dumb.  You're new.  You can ask questions and even do it when the boss is with you and another employee to expose his behavior.  When he realizes you are not going to keep his bs under the table he will probably knock it off.

just4ds10ee
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Great news with CSE!!! The employer has 7 days to respond , so it won't be long now!!! I do hope your ex does not quit like that dead beat ex of mines who I only find out  he is working when he is close to his seasonal close. He is an independent tax agent who seems only to work seasonal during tax season, instead of finding full time employment.

As for your boss do bring it up to others on the job, preferably in front of him and DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT including dates and times...Good luck on getting  the job at Costco

tottaxi
by Battle Weary on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

You're gonna have to start confronting people when you overhear them making comments.  Set them straight.  Ask them if this is the boss's normal behavior.  Even ask the guys if he's ever hit on them.  They may laugh, but it sends the message.

Since his "liking" you is under discussion amongst your fellow employees you really have to talk to your boss.  Tell him that you don't want to be fodder for the rumour mill.  See what he says.  Tell him that you have had issues with sexual harassment in the work place before and that you would have to talk with your attorney AGAIN.  He may back off.  You've been through a divorce.  He may think that you have an attorney on speed dial.  Don't take any shit, Flika.  There are laws that will protect you, but you can nip this in the bud before it escalates.  And keep it very business-like.  Don't feel the need to be smiley and pleasant with him.  He's your boss.  When he calls don't answer.  Make him text.  Then you've got documentation.  Set him straight by saying "Thank you for your offer to take me to the car show, but unless there are other co-workers involved I do not feel it would be appropriate."

flika
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I'm concern my ex will do the same and quit his job. I hope he doesn't bc he recently asked his mom for more money claiming he has a job interview then the next day I find out through CSE he has a job and it's been a week now since they sent the letter to the job. So he might have quit already. I will call then again next Monday to find out what was the response. I also found out I have to wait 60 days to ask for modification since he is earning 15 an hour. I wish I can earn that much! I'm drowning in bills and no way out.

I tried to get student loans and I need a cosigner and I don't have anyone to ask.

Quoting just4ds10ee:

Great news with CSE!!! The employer has 7 days to respond , so it won't be long now!!! I do hope your ex does not quit like that dead beat ex of mines who I only find out  he is working when he is close to his seasonal close. He is an independent tax agent who seems only to work seasonal during tax season, instead of finding full time employment.

As for your boss do bring it up to others on the job, preferably in front of him and DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT including dates and times...Good luck on getting  the job at Costco

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)