Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I WON!

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Kay
  • 15 Replies
5 moms liked this

Yes, the judge saw right through my lying ex.  He tried to explain his delay in payment by telling the judge that he was 'under durress' when he signed off on the settlement agreement.   He also tried to explain how 'poor' he was having three kids now (two with her and adopted a son - previously relationship that the tramp had) and only 'making so much money'.   Well, when he decided to sign the agreement he was 'happy and in love with the woman of his dreams, his one true love' on his FB page.  He knew what his financial obligations were when he signed the agreement (second child on the way).  His BS about not having 'enough legal counsel to guide him' was also BS.  He easily could have waited for his deployment to be over (when he got back in the US) and discussed the terms of our agreement then.  But, instead, like he does everything stupid in his life, he leaps before he looks.  

The judge ruled:

1.  My ex has to pay me the rest of the loan (embezzlement) within 7 days. 

2.  My ex has to start paying monthly payments as agreed to in the original settlement.

3.  Judge tacked on 12% interest to the 9 months of backowed money.

4.  My ex will be put in contempt of court if he falls short after a few months (six months) of payments.  So, he has to pay the agreed to amount and not cut short what he wants to pay.

5.  Has to reimbursement me for atty's fees within 90 days.

6.  IF he does fall short he will be put in jail. 

So, basically, my ex faces three jail times if he doesn't pay up.  I'm keeping my atty informed of ALL payments.  I really need that first payment so I can help my daughter pay her college fees so she can be reinstated into her college.

My daughter lost a scholarship because of my ex.  She had to pay $1k back to the university because she was given money for the SOAR program.  Because she needed this money for books, etc., she cashed the check.  Since she never got money from her father, she had no choice but to use the money to pay for her books, etc.  Now that my ex owes me that money I will be able to pay my daughter.  That is IF he pays me.  That money is sorely needed right now.

My judge was female.  LOVED her!  She saw right through my ex and his BS.  Her last question to the ex was to clarify three kids - two he said he made with the tramp within one year (affair).  Add that to being a deadbeat and she had no other choice but to rule on my side.  It took her two secons to figure out an affair was also the cause of my marriage breaking down. 

I'm holding my breath for the money owed within the next 7 days.  I WILL force jail time if the ex loser/scum doesn't pay me.  I've been waiting for nearly 2 yrs for this money. 

Oh, my ex had an atty.  So, he can afford an atty but not have enough money to pay me?  LOL!  His atty sucked. 

by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tottaxi
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 5:06 PM
4 moms liked this

This is awesome news!   I think this is the first time in three years on these forums that I have seen a pos actually be held accountable for the crap that they have pulled.  This has renewed my faith in the justice system!!!!!  Knowing that jail time will be the penalty for non-compliance is damned skippy!!!!!  I hope for your sake he never has to wear an orange jumpsuit, but if he ever does, please post pictures ;)

high five

Ecoseem
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Gotta love it when right wins!

Akeso
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:57 AM
1 mom liked this

So happy for you. Hope he coughs up the money in short order for YOUR family

steviechick
by Kay on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I was thrilled that my atty chose a female judge.  The best part of the hearing was when the judge told my ex 'No' several times AND quickly learned of the way I and our daughter have been treated.  That's all it took for her to make her ruling.  Nothing is worse then dealing with a cheating scumbag loser. 

My ex actually does look good in orange.  ; )

Thank you for the kind remarks, ladies. 

flika
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations! I'm soooooo happy for you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bjane01
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:52 PM
I am getting a settlement too that is fair amount of money. My ex doesn't believe in sharing. All I asked for was half of what we built together. I thought I'd be real happy but it just reminded me of the failure. I am glad I didn't allow him to take advantage of me. But it doesn't help the loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Kay on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bjane01:

I am getting a settlement too that is fair amount of money. My ex doesn't believe in sharing. All I asked for was half of what we built together. I thought I'd be real happy but it just reminded me of the failure. I am glad I didn't allow him to take advantage of me. But it doesn't help the loss.

My ex doesn't believe in being financially responsible and never will.  He tried to leave me with the debt he caused.  I lived with his financial madness for 26 years.  He's never been held responsible for anything bad he's ever done in his life.  I won't allow him to just walk out on me and all the debt he caused me.  His repo will be HIS responsibility, his daughter IS his responsiblity.  Being used as an ATM machine while your husband is off chasing after another woman - that's how I was treated.  Perhaps being in jail will wake his sorry ass up. 

Be happy about the money you are getting.  You deserved it.  You built a life with someone that left you.  You are not a failure.  It takes two to build a marriage and keep it. You have the loss of a bad marriage not the loss of a decent husband. 

miss_AP
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats, great news!

zebra556
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I am thrilled for you and thrilled that Justice has been served!!! Pray for the rest of us poor souls, I know I do. I now have a custody battle on my hands.
steviechick
by Kay on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Well, ladies there has been an update to the ruling from the 15th..........My ex was supposed to pay the one outstanding loan within 7 days of the ruling.  That day would have been the 22nd.  Well, on the 23rd I still did not receive the funds in my account nor did my atty receive the funds.  Shortly before I called my atty received a phone call from the ex's atty telling him that my ex has decided to appeal the judge's decision.  So, my atty has filed for garnishments to pay back the loan.  I should be receiving a first check from my ex's employer by mid-May.  It will take at least take that long for the garnishments to be filed in court and then sent directly to the employer.  I will get more checks until the one loan is paid in full.  In the meantime, my ex will try and pull together a 'defense' for his case (this should be interesting), and I'll be waiting with bated breath to hear back from my atty for our scheduled court date. 

Now, mind you, I never did pull out all the info I had stashed during the intiial hearing back on the 15th.  I didn't need it as the judge ruled in my favor.  Now I plan on using it.  My daughter will also testify against her father for what he has said to her to as well during our separation and after our divorce - which will end up tearing whatever defense my ex has to shreds. 

Also, since my ex is currently appealing the case he still needs to continue paying me what the agreed to amount was from our agreement AND pay for my atty's fees within 90 days.  Until a judge overturns the initial ruling my ex has to comply with the order.  So, I'm sure more garnishments will be order for my atty's fees reimbursement.  I was so hoping he would go to jail for not paying but according to my atty the only way my ex will serve time is if he doesn't comply within the next several months to the order and if we end up going back to court for a third contempt of court my ex will then be given a certain amount of days to comply.  His last time to comply until he is forced behind bars.  The worst part is getting money moving foward.  I'm sure I'll have to go back to court for more contempt of court charges filed.

Instead of being a bonehead jackass my ex continues to show everyone just how moronic he can be.  He needs to step-up and BE responsible in his miserable life. 

At least I will get some $ from him (forced that is) moving forward I have a strong feeling that my ex will continue to disregard the judge's ruling and find himself behind bars.  His atty is only out for $$$ at this moment.  So, it's no skin off his back.  My atty and I know I have a strong case and my ex is simply scared and doesn't have the money nor fortitude TO be responsible. 

Sad, sad state of affairs for him and a pain in the butt for me.........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)