Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorce & Starting Over Divorce & Starting Over

Retroactive cs

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:56 PM
  • 3 Replies
Is it possible to get it after divorce? Idk why the judge didn't award me with it. My xh even while living together stop supporting us.

Is it possible to file in the courts for it or where? I felt robbed when I didn't get it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tottaxi
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:51 AM

How long was it between the time you filed and the time you received support (or support was ordered)?  Mine was ordered at the time of our first temporary hearing...about two weeks after I filed for divorce.

You won't get it for the time he was living with you.

just4ds10ee
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Child support was addressed at  the same time I filed for divorce... my attorney even filed for temporary hearing for child support to start while we were waiting for the divorce to be finalized...which actually took over one year...I have yet to receive the court ordered amount ex moved out of state , never showed up for the temp hearing and that is going on 3 years ago...

tottaxi
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:34 PM

just4ds10ee has made a good point, flika.  We can never take cs for granted.  It may be ordered, but  you can never count on it or figure it into your budget.  Lots of things can be ordered...like 50/50 payment for medical bills and other expenses, but if the ex doesn't want to pay there's not a heckuva lot that can force them.  Even filing contempt charges only go so far.

It's not right.  It's not fair.  But it is the reality.  I have an ex that does manage to pay his support...because it is payroll deducted and so far he has stayed employed.  But those other expenses that he is to share he has dropped the ball on.  I pay them.  The ONLY leverage that I have is that if he has not paid everything he owes me then I do not have to sign the form so that he can claim ds on his taxes every other year.  Not that much of an incentive, but it is the only thing I have to hold over his head.

It sucks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)